PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 423 white spots on copy. (again)

Custom Search

brent
02-25-2014, 06:38 PM
this is the second time this has done this. different machine mind you. but this has to be a common problem
was told it was the developer unit. this is a brand new developer unit. took it out of the box
added the correct developer. put the new drum onto it.
ran my function. then did the print out. just like normal
anybody else having this situation? these machines are my bread and butter
I gotta figure this out I did look on minoltas new site. but no dice
thanks guys24105

brent

JustManuals
02-25-2014, 08:17 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

wseyller
02-26-2014, 03:54 AM
Usually I do a skyshot (full black page) to see if a dev unit needs replacement. Usually seeing stars or white spots does indicate the dev unit is bad. I never had a new oem dev unit fail but it is possible. Need to see maybe with a stop test if the spots show before the fuser. It could be the fuser , paper type selection is not appropriate for the type your using. It could just be shitty paper. Could be the transfer roller.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

brent
02-26-2014, 04:08 AM
I did the full sky shot. that is what I posted. I have never had a new one do it before either
the transfer roller is brand new. this copier is in my office getting a full rebuild. I will try different paper
tomorrow. and I wil also stop the copy in the process to verify that it is not the fuser I appreciate the help and tips. I am a dealer paul. I dont need the manual but thank you

blackcat4866
02-26-2014, 12:59 PM
Did you notice that the right 11" border had very few white spots in the first 1"? I'm going to make the assumption that is the leading edge.

Perhaps you've got something foreign in the developer that has conductive or magnetic properties. What sort of business is conducted at the location? Cutting or grinding, polishing, fine particulate everywhere? Perhaps these particles settle in the developing unit, then re-surface after a certain amount of agitation.

I think that I'd take the other developing unit back to the office, dump it out, and closely examine the contents. =^..^=

mo0651
02-26-2014, 02:15 PM
Looks like it is pulling developer. We have had one do that from the factory. It ended up being the HV board. Easy to replace. Not to expensive. We tried a new dev unit first, but failed after
about 29000 copies.

brent
02-26-2014, 03:26 PM
let me explain it again. this is a used machine in my office 480k I am rebuilding this machine I took the drum drum unit out and replaced it with a new drum drum unit and new developer all at the same time with the transfer roller as well. did the functions as perscribed in the book. and immediately it had those white spots. so now I am going to put the other drum unit and developer unit back in (which I still have) to see if it is indeed the developer unit. I will find out. as far as the hv unit. I had another unit do this. and it was in fact the dv unit. I hope to get to it today

thanks
brent

brent
02-26-2014, 04:14 PM
changed out the deveoper unit with the other one. problem gone. I was just lucky and got a bad developer unit
here is a pic

Hansoon
02-26-2014, 04:50 PM
Than what in the new unit would cause such a phenomena? Leaking bias? HV shorting out? Developer containg lumps or other irregularities?

Hans

JR2ALTA
02-26-2014, 05:39 PM
My theory was paper dust from dust catch when running f8. The catch is hard to snap in.

Custom Search