PDA

View Full Version : konica 7060

Custom Search

CMB
04-07-2006, 10:37 PM
i have a new name for this copier. the konica piece of sh!t! been fighting this bass turd for a day and a half now. started out the paper feed unit was bad and i found another in the bone yard and took the two and made one good one. now i\'m getting a buckle in some - not all of the copies. i\'m thinking registration clutch? is the registration clutch the same as the loop clutch?
next the doc feeder. if you place 50 originals in the tray, they start feeding fine untill you get down to about 10 left in the tray and it starts skipping. feed and double feed rollers look fine. what do you think about the torque limiter? replace it? last the finisher is acting crazy. straight thru one sided copies will go thru with no problems, any other way - 2 sided - stapled, the finisher acts like it is sluggish and the papers pile up before they enter the tray where they are supposed to get stapled. gummed up bushing or bearing? all guide plates look ok. not bent.

Spank6482
04-08-2006, 01:21 AM
I\'ve worked on a bunch of them that were sold as the Mita Ai5555 and I would agree that they were pieces of shit. They are good running machine for the first 3 pm\'s and then your screwed. The best part about that machine was the prividledge of getting to pay triple the price for any part needed to fix it. I still have a few Ai-5555 and Ai-6060 machines left out there and I will be happy when they are gone.

And yes, the finisher is probably due for a good teardown and cleaning.

CMB
04-08-2006, 12:14 PM
been thinking. i\'m going to start by rebuilding the 2nd paper feed unit. new rollers, mylars and a clutch. i remember one buckling up the papers due to a worn out mylar on the 2nd paper feed..........

Custom Search