PDA

View Full Version : BizHub 601 CF card problem

Custom Search

DigiMan
02-28-2014, 05:32 PM
Good evening everyone!

I have a BH601 that started sticking on the hourglass when you powered it up 2 days ago.
After reinstalling the software on its CF card(i had an image backup from another 601) the machine is working
again but every morning it gets stuck again and again.
Today i just plucked it out and put it back in(the CF card)without installing the software again and it worked.
Is it just a bad cf card or could it be smthing else that im missing?

Thank in advance for any input!

speedtek
03-12-2014, 02:59 PM
Sometimes those cards go bad but still let you rewrite them, producing similar results. I would replace it if you have the resources to do so.

Synaux
03-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Good evening everyone!
After reinstalling the software on its CF card(i had an image backup from another 601)

Before replacing the CF card I would, try the CF card restore firmware and then MFP firmware.

I believe that the CF cards for these are formatted in fat32--so running a check disk might yield some clues.

blackcat4866
03-12-2014, 04:04 PM
I have some experience with CF cards, as external storage for barcode fonts on Kyocera equipment. In my experience CF cards can last forever if plugged in for short periods of time for a specific task. If the CF card is left plugged in and hot continuously, it will have a lifespan of 3 years before it starts getting flakey.

Sometimes the data will vanish, and will accept data reloaded. Sometimes they just will no longer be recognized by the MFP as a storage device. Three years seems to be the magic number, when On and continuously hot. =^..^=

Synaux
03-12-2014, 04:23 PM
I have some experience with CF cards, as external storage for barcode fonts on Kyocera equipment. In my experience CF cards can last forever if plugged in for short periods of time for a specific task. If the CF card is left plugged in and hot continuously, it will have a lifespan of 3 years before it starts getting flakey.

Sometimes the data will vanish, and will accept data reloaded. Sometimes they just will no longer be recognized by the MFP as a storage device. Three years seems to be the magic number, when On and continuously hot. =^..^=

Weird, maybe its related to the destructive nature of read/write on CF memory--a few guys posted some good reading about it on anandtech here (http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=982846)(a decade ago now lol).

Otherwise, I have always be under the impression that the estimated operation hours for CF cards is relatively infinite.

speedtek
03-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Before replacing the CF card I would, try the CF card restore firmware and then MFP firmware.

I believe that the CF cards for these are formatted in fat32--so running a check disk might yield some clues.

They are formatted with VxWorks - if you format it with your PC it will no longer work with the copier. You can only delete the files from it and copy them from your PC.

CompyTech
03-12-2014, 05:21 PM
They are formatted with VxWorks - if you format it with your PC it will no longer work with the copier. You can only delete the files from it and copy them from your PC.

I think you have to use the fw tool kit or the ISW tool to format the card because it's "special" format.

Iv'e done one or two, but can't remember the procedure 100%.. CF cards are so rare these days, but there are some still in use.

Synaux
03-12-2014, 07:00 PM
I think you have to use the fw tool kit or the ISW tool to format the card because it's "special" format.

Iv'e done one or two, but can't remember the procedure 100%.. CF cards are so rare these days, but there are some still in use.

No. One must cut/paste contents of cf card to computer (for backup), then extract the files and copy/paste the files to the CF card.

Its under Special Firmware because the web developers at Konica are incapable of designing a sane website and file naming convention.

*edit found the doc pertaining to this:

This firmware, Recovery601.exe is for the recovery of a corrupted CF card. The recovery firmware should only be used after flashing the machine via the USB drive port has been done and the firmware on the CF card is suspected to be corrupted.
To perform the recovery procedure, remove the CF card from the machine and install it in a CF card reader/writer to access the files on the CF card. Select the CF card, NOTE: DO NOT FORMAT THE CF CARD AS IT WILL NO LONGER BE RECOGNIZED BY THE MACHINE. Create two new folders, one to backup the current files and one to unzip the new files into. Select all files on the CF card and cut and paste them to one of the newly created folders. Next, unzip the recovery firmware into the other new folder that was created then, select all and cut and paste them to the CF card. When the files are done transferring, make sure to properly eject the CF card before removing it.

Reinstall the CF card into the machine and turn it on. The firmware level will now be at the first release version for the machine. The machine can now be flashed up to the latest firmware level using a USB drive.

DigiMan
03-12-2014, 08:06 PM
Thank you all for your precious feedback!

Update:I do know those cards are formated by VxWorks and ive rewritten backups on other CF cards using a certain program
and they all worked,this is happening for the 1st time.
Anyway!I went to the client about a week ago for the last time after going there every morning to rewrite the backup so he could work for
the day.
In my last visit i just pulled it out,put it back in and it never got stuck again(at least for one week now).
I've already ordered a new card just in case it starts go flunky again.

Thnks again everyone!

Synaux
03-12-2014, 09:00 PM
Thank you all for your precious feedback!

Update:I do know those cards are formated by VxWorks and ive rewritten backups on other CF cards using a certain program
and they all worked,this is happening for the 1st time.
Anyway!I went to the client about a week ago for the last time after going there every morning to rewrite the backup so he could work for
the day.
In my last visit i just pulled it out,put it back in and it never got stuck again(at least for one week now).
I've already ordered a new card just in case it starts go flunky again.

Thnks again everyone!
I didn't realize this post was so old...glad you got it working thought!

I do not think these cards are in VxWorks--Windows would read the contents if so (I just checked with another card that is VxWorks formatted).

chabeta
06-17-2014, 03:47 PM
hello !
can anyone please sell me a new CF card for my bizhub 751
i am from argentina , and i can no get a new one here

i can pay using paypal

thanks

Custom Search