PDA

View Full Version : C20 Error (13F0)

Custom Search

Phrag
03-03-2014, 05:54 AM
Salutations to all,

Had a wonderful C20 code with a 13F0 today. Service manual isn't much help. It says it's an undefined malfunction in the engine section. (PRCB etc.) Has anyone had this before? What did you end up changing out?

It's a one off occurence for me so far, so I'm letting it slide as a glitch for now. In any case, I just want to get an idea on the scope of repairs if this becomes a constant issue.

blackcat4866
03-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Sorry, Phrag. Haven't seen that one. =^..^=

hotfuser
03-03-2014, 05:35 PM
This is what Konica Minolta are saying
Reboot the printer. This often clears the service message, and printer operation can resume. If the problem persists, check the cable and
connector for proper connection and correct as necessary.
If the malfunction code reoccurs, the PRCBand/or MFPBmay need to be replaced.

I found this bit of information i hope this helps in the future.

blackcat4866
03-03-2014, 05:39 PM
This is what Konica Minolta are saying
Reboot the printer. This often clears the service message, and printer operation can resume. If the problem persists, check the cable andconnector for proper connection and correct as necessary. ...

Just out of curiosity, which cable? Which connector? =^..^=

hotfuser
03-03-2014, 05:44 PM
Just out of curiosity, which cable? Which connector? =^..^=

i did laugh when i read this solution produced by Konica Minolta as they did not specify which cable or connector.
So i would think just check all of them

Phrag
03-04-2014, 01:24 AM
Sorry, Phrag. Haven't seen that one. =^..^=

That's fine. It only popped up once, and so far hasn't been an issue. Still scouring the inter-google for answers in my spare time.

They aren't really specific in that regard are they. I think I posted something asking for some ideas on another issue, because the service manual basically said "Something's wrong. We don't know what. Good luck."

blackcat4866
03-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Like the first decade with Kyocera's cfxxx "engineering" codes. If you called the hotline you'd get a response like "No I can't tell you what it means, but try this ... " like it's some national secret. It took a decade for them to finally publish a bulletin, and the engineering codes still does not appear in any service manual. I believe somebody actually posted an Excel spreadsheet on a public forum, of all known cfxxx codes and fixes, before Kyocera came forward with the information. And it's still not great. =^..^=

Custom Search