PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c224e wont power up

Custom Search

brent
03-03-2014, 07:12 PM
installed this machine about 3 weeks ago. and there is some constructin work going on and they lost power
I measured the outlet today. power has been restored. the machine will try to powerup and it shuts off about 15 seconds
into it. then tried again. it continuously tries to do this. even with the door open or side cover unfortunately
It was a spike that caused this. I am digging into the service manual just wondered on anyones thoughts about a first
step has anyone seen this before. trying to power up and then just cyclling? any help is appreciated

brent

Albonline
03-03-2014, 07:24 PM
sounds like the ssd thing going on there. do you have the new ssd firmware?

brent
03-03-2014, 08:04 PM
sounds like the ssd thing going on there. do you have the new ssd firmware?
I need to review it and download it. I went to school on this model a year ago and haven't had any probs
i will check the solutions. As I should have done that first
brent

brent
03-03-2014, 08:55 PM
I took a look at the special firmware and the notes and it had the firmware for the pannel freezing. but this one is not doing that. this simply tries to turn on then shuts off. then it repeats. do you guys see any firmare for this? or is this looking like the mfp board? I was looking at another thread and it discussed their situation was a freezing up pannel any thoughts?

brent

digfm
03-03-2014, 11:02 PM
Hello, You must format hdd inside, better is to take it out and delete alll partitions from a pc or mac.
After this return in the copier and put the firmware again.
If the error persist, You must change the hdd.
The copier has a utility for formatting the disk but is quicker and better to do with an external disk-caddy and do this job with a computer.
Fo avoiding the copier from shutting-off, keep the front cover open....
digfm

brent
03-03-2014, 11:44 PM
digfm have you had this particular problem that removing this hdd has helped with? I actually unplugged the hdd and it didn't matter. I know it may look for the hdd upon turning the machine on. but there is nothing on the screen per se it won't even get that far so I couldn't do anything from the screen?

brent

digfm
03-04-2014, 01:15 AM
First reset the machine with the procedure ( power off, click the reste key, power on, wait the display, tap reset and ok. Power off, wait cca 10 sec., pwer on agai with front cover opened)
the machine has memorized the trouble and the first time that you poer up without hdd it's report the sane trouble code.
This issue is caused from a corrupted file system on hdd, or for a hdd failure or only for some power incosistency.... Th e productin has changed the hdd's because some models fail to return head fast back when power is cutted...)
I have resolved the problem like the description mentioned above....
hope it is usefull....

jwrycza
03-04-2014, 01:27 AM
Hold on. Before you do anything, this is an ongoing problem on the e-series machines. Look up bulletin 9132. It addresses this exact problem! It is not a HDD issue! I have run across this numerous times and the SSD fix KM has put out will fix this issue. Follow the procedure. It will probably need an SSD board due to the sign it is exhibiting but, this procedure will fix it!

brent
03-04-2014, 01:27 AM
if this works you are a hero. I may go back into work to try it

thanks

brent

brent
03-04-2014, 01:55 AM
its unfortunate I didn't look at my incoming email today. this is the bulletin 9132
looks like a common problem I just printed the 8 page bulletin and am now processing it
I really appreciate bringing this to my attention. this for sure is the problem on rebooting

brent

Synaux
03-04-2014, 02:05 AM
brent, I have been following this on a different thread (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/showthread.php/85556-E-series-rebooting-problem-Who-s-dealing-with-it/page6) it seems like once the problem starts the firmware will not fix it and you have to replace the SSD board...
Edit: Whoops, looks like you already read it.

brent
03-04-2014, 02:21 AM
yes it seems that this new bulletin superseeds a bulletin sent on 2 28 1014 so I would say this is a pretty new deal. I have the problem machine in house so I can go onto my konica minolta and submit a problem ticket. that is the only way to get a ssd board. I hope this works. and I thank you all
this is a reminder of why I donate to this site. a great bunch.. thanks

brent

hotfuser
03-04-2014, 04:45 PM
if this works you are a hero. I may go back into work to try it

thanks

brent

it is definatley the SSD as it is an epidemic at the moment. i have had 6fail in the last two weeks. there is a firmware to do before it fails so i would load this on all your existing C224e you have in the field.
in some cases we have still had the SSD fail after the firmware aswell.
so be aware.

brent
03-04-2014, 07:26 PM
just got off the phone with the ssd. according to that bulletin I ordered the ssd card and it will be here in a couple days
then on to firmware which is the C8.... the service solutions dept said that these were flooding in the gates and it was a big problem at the moment
all because a bad batch of cards went out.. darn it

I will advise when this is fixed. thanks again for all the help

jrf
03-04-2014, 11:59 PM
I have a c284e which had GD2-63 firmware. As I loaded a newer firmware the controller file gave an NG message. Ive tried reloading the version that was on it and also other mass production files however scanner, printer, adf all load fine except Controller which always gives NG .
Any ideas please ?

Albonline
03-05-2014, 05:48 PM
get and run the ssd firmware tool. it checks the ssd and updates to a version that actually deletes the previous shutdown/power save files

Morlock49
03-05-2014, 09:48 PM
I have a c284e which had GD2-63 firmware. As I loaded a newer firmware the controller file gave an NG message. Ive tried reloading the version that was on it and also other mass production files however scanner, printer, adf all load fine except Controller which always gives NG .
Any ideas please ?

put on the special SSd Firmware. this will check the SSD pwb and tell you if the SSD memory is ok,
if faulty new SSD pwb required.
If good then install firmware ver C8

your m/c is about 4 firmware versions out of date

brent
03-07-2014, 06:39 PM
ok here is the latest. I ordered the ssd and reinstalled firmware to c8 fixed!!!

my other question now lingering in my mind. I only have 2 of these e models
one is now fixed. one is working but does not have the white dot on the ssd board.

do I ..

1 just load the most recent firmaware on it. and leave it along?
2 leave it alone and see if it dies. then do this whole process?
3? just make a ticket and say it is dead get the new board load firmware. becuase supposedly it will do this. it will most likely die

on some of the notes it said the took kit needed to be used. I dont have it loaded or know how to load this

anyways because of this site I was able to get this problem fixed and with km ssd I appreciate everyones help

brent

brent
03-07-2014, 06:40 PM
by the wa y. the firmware the machine in question has is G00 63

JSC
03-07-2014, 09:28 PM
ok here is the latest. I ordered the ssd and reinstalled firmware to c8 fixed!!!

my other question now lingering in my mind. I only have 2 of these e models
one is now fixed. one is working but does not have the white dot on the ssd board.

do I ..

1 just load the most recent firmaware on it. and leave it along?
2 leave it alone and see if it dies. then do this whole process?
3? just make a ticket and say it is dead get the new board load firmware. becuase supposedly it will do this. it will most likely die

on some of the notes it said the took kit needed to be used. I dont have it loaded or know how to load this

anyways because of this site I was able to get this problem fixed and with km ssd I appreciate everyones help

brent

if I were you I would load 6.03v SSD firmware, then update the machine firmware to C8. We have updated all our e machines in the field with the latest SSD firmware.

jrf
03-11-2014, 12:39 AM
Yes the new Ssd Board allowed me to load all firmware. I now have c8 installed.
Thanks to all

brent
03-11-2014, 03:57 AM
Jrf. Was your machine in a can't boot up state? Tries to start and dies? Mine was and it was fixed as well
just don't know what to do about the only other one that is working. Kinda afraid to let it go
brent

jrf
03-12-2014, 11:30 PM
Brent
It would try to start but could not start as it would not except any controller firmware until I replaced the SSD board.
Once I replaced the SSD I loaded 20-C8 and updated SSD firmware.

jrf
03-26-2014, 12:55 AM
Hi to all,
Today I was updating ssd on a c224e, ssd downloaded OK but when I restarted the machine it began to switch off and tried to restart. The machine was working fine until I updated ssd firmware.
Just wondering if this has happened to anyone. I have ordered a new ssd boarad.
Thanks

jwrycza
03-26-2014, 12:54 PM
I too had this happen. The SSD board will fix it. Funny that the problem we are trying to fix has caused a host of other problems on some machines. It has only happened once on 50+ machines though.

ladyV
09-24-2016, 04:45 AM
I purchased a Minolta Bizhub c224e today. It was manufactured 01/2015. When I plug it into the outlet, I can hear the unit hum, however, nothing else happens. No control panel activity at all. Both switches are "on". It was a repo, so I don't know how it was powered down (if that makes a difference). It is in almost pristine condition. Would appreciate any input. Thanks in advance.

Custom Search