PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous bizhub 420 - exposure lamp does not move to the end of the original

Custom Search

Laserbeam
03-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Hello at all,

I have a comical problem on a bizhub 420 in a copy shop.
Many students copying from books that have different original formats and differ from the size of the selected copy paper.
When copying onto A4R-paper, following symptom occurs when the original is larger than A4R and simultaneously a reduction ratio is selected from B4 to A4R:
The exposure lamp does not make the whole B4 way, it stops a few inches in front of it.
Now, few centimeters from the text is missing on the copy. Why does the exposure lamp not go to the end of the original???

again to explain:

Original (a book) is larger than A4R but slightly smaller than B4.
To save costs, A4R paper is selected (no double click).
To ensure that all information fit on the selected paper, the reduction ratio A4R to B4 is selected.
What should I change in the technician or administrator menu, so this problem does not occur?

Sorry for my bad English, the Symtom is not easy to explain but I think you know what I mean.

Greetings
Joachim

blackcat4866
03-03-2014, 08:14 PM
It sounds to me like you need to select the original size. I'm sure there's a place to set it from the machines panel, maybe even store it in a memory location for easy retrieval. If I were you I'd take a little closer look at the Operators Guide. Don't have one?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDQQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmypdfmanuals.com%2Fuser-manual%2CKONICA%2BMINOLTA%2CBIZHUB%2B420%2C593501. pdf&ei=S-EUU6CWJY2FogSX24LwCA&usg=AFQjCNF8VqAH5ficlyjmFgq7Zp7_SvfK1A&sig2=QHbHLarlmiu_V0msCkDuvA&bvm=bv.61965928,d.cGU

=^..^=

Laserbeam
03-04-2014, 06:49 AM
Hi blackcat 4866,

thanks for your fast reply!

The original detection is done by the exposure lamp (scan direction) and sensors under the glass plate (feed direction). Or I am wrong? I didn't found on the display the possibility to select the original-format.
I think here lies the problem. When I put a sheet of paper to the edge of the original (book), so that the glass plate is completely covered, (only scan-direction), this error didn't occur. But this method is to complicated and time-cusuming for the customer.

The same problem occurs on bizhub 500 and the older Konica 7155/65 in the same copy-shop!

blackcat4866
03-04-2014, 01:22 PM
If selecting the original size is too complicated, then it remains their problem. The machine will continue to recognize standard original sizes, and not recognize non-standard original sizes, exactly as you would expect. =^..^=

Custom Search