PDA

View Full Version : C352 ghost jam

Custom Search

mrfuser
03-04-2014, 12:25 AM
We have a Client with a c352 showing a jam just below fuser. Swapped fuser twice and does not clear! Can't find any jam and tech mode does not show jam!

help!

kelly

copier addict
03-04-2014, 11:31 PM
Have you checked the jam history? It will show the most recent jams. Maybe the jam is actually occurring elsewhere.

emujo
03-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Like most copiers, you probably have removed the actual paper that caused the jam, but you either have a bit of the paper remaining somewhere else, you have knocked off a photo interrupter, or you have a bad board. If you say you checked the sensors in test mode, and all of them flag properly, then the next logical step would be a control board. You might try disconnecting everything you can (sorter, adf, LCT, PFU) to see if the jam goes away at this point. BTW, ghosts are transparent and have no substance, therefore, they cannot possibly cause a jam. In fact, any ghost trapped in your MFP should fall completely though it and down through the floor. Now if you had said a "gremlin", then I could see that being the cause of your jam. Emujo

habik
03-05-2014, 08:31 PM
I would check the upper conveyance exit assembly , the bit that is on the door which conveys the paper from fuser to the eject section. Check the gears for the rollers and the opposite side on machine where they mesh in. These gears tend to crumble and lever hook for spring sometimes snaps. I think the jam history is your best friend right now as suggested above!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

Custom Search