PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Bizhub 250 - C9104 - But the lamp turn on !

Custom Search

hastrh2o
03-04-2014, 10:44 AM
Hi all,

I have a bizhub C250 that has been damaged when we mooved it (it had an impact at the rear right corner, below the ADF unit). It was working normally before this accident.
When it's starting, it's showing the C9401 error code.
The manual say :

1/ Check the flat cable for proper connection and correct or change as necessary.
2/ Change Scanner Assy
3/ Change PWB-C

But when I reset the error, the light turn on correctly for 2 second and the scanner assy is moving correctly.
The flat cable is conected correctly, and I don't see any other cable on PWB-C that may be disconnected. So, I think we are ok with the 1/ & 2/.

Do you know if there's a mean to check the level of ccd output when the light is turn on ?
I'm wondering if something is wrong in the optical path and the output remain low for this reason.

I don't think that PWB-C is damaged but may be someone with more experience ever had trouble with this card ?

Thanks

Ronan

blackcat4866
03-04-2014, 01:10 PM
Which is it C9104 or C9401? Neither of those codes are valid for a bizhub 250.
Perhaps you have a bizhub C250? From looking at the C250 manual I'm guessing it's the C9401, since C9104 doesn't exist.

It sounds to me like you tweaked the scanner main body bad enough that the light from the lamp is not being directed back to the CCD. If you have a scrap bizhub 250 that has a complete and functioning scanner assembly, you may want to swap that in.

Otherwise I'd consider it a total loss.

Consider when you post that I don't really know what model machine you have, or what the code is. I can't go look. It's up to you to provide the premise, pose the question. If you pose the wrong question, you'll not get the answer you desire. =^..^=

Hansoon
03-04-2014, 02:09 PM
Consider when you post that I don't really know what model machine you have, or what the code is. I can't go look. It's up to you to provide the premise, pose the question. If you pose the wrong question, you'll not get the answer you desire. =^..^=

Cat, I "liked" your post cause I really like your attitude in trying to help people even when the original information is poor. I'm too choleric for that. When one is not able to post the proper machine type and service code........

Hans

hastrh2o
03-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Which is it C9104 or C9401? Neither of those codes are valid for a bizhub 250.
Perhaps you have a bizhub C250? From looking at the C250 manual I'm guessing it's the C9401, since C9104 doesn't exist.

:o I'm confused and you're right (and Hans too) : it's a C250 and the C9401 error code. I've corrected the first post.

It sounds to me like you tweaked the scanner main body bad enough that the light from the lamp is not being directed back to the CCD.

That's what I'm wondering, but I don't know if it's possible to check the output level of the ccd when the light is on and when the light is off in order to see if it is the cause of the error. I think this can be fixed, don't you ? There's no way to turn the light on in the service mode ?

Thanks

Ronan

blackcat4866
03-04-2014, 04:39 PM
... That's what I'm wondering, but I don't know if it's possible to check the output level of the ccd when the light is on and when the light is off in order to see if it is the cause of the error. I think this can be fixed, don't you ? There's no way to turn the light on in the service mode ?

Thanks

Ronan

Is there a chance that you can square up the metal scanner main body? Unlikely. It would be unbelievably labor intensive. First you would have to remove the scanner from the machine. Second you would have to remove all the delicate scanner components from the main body so nothing broke while you were beating on it with a hammer. Third, assuming you could square it up (which I doubt), then you would have to reassemble the scanner components, re-align mirrors and cables and CCD (and you have none of the factory jigs that make this possible). Your chances of success I'll put in the single digits, maybe 5% chance of success, with a huge amount of time spent.

Section 10.12.6 describes the CCD Check. As a rule I don't read manuals to persons perfectly able to read their own manuals. I don't see a way to illuminate the fluorescent lamp in service mode. Did you catch the key word in that last sentence? "Fluorescent" Fluorescent lamps are prone to fail in several predictably intermittent ways:
1) blackened ends. visual check of the lamp ends
2) flickering or slow lighting due to age or cold environmental temperatures
3) inverter failure
4) reduced light output due to age

You've already spent a bunch of time and money on it already. Why not add the lamp and inverter? If that doesn't fix it, that leaves you two choices:
1) Find a good used C250 scanner assembly that nobody has parted out or tinkered with.
2) Call it a total loss.

=^..^=

WildbillC
03-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Did you check to see if all the Mirrors are in place an snug against the mirror clips. Other than that I also think its not easily reparable.

hastrh2o
03-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Is there a chance that you can square up the metal scanner main body? Unlikely. It would be unbelievably labor intensive

Hopefully, there's only a plastic cover at rear that's damaged. The scanner assy looks fine, there's nothing to square, and the mirrors seems to be in place, and clean.

I don't see a way to illuminate the fluorescent lamp in service mode.
1) Find a good used C250 scanner assembly that nobody has parted out or tinkered with.
2) Call it a total loss.

OK. Since I don't have another scanner assy yet, if there's noway to test the lamp, I'll choose option 2.

Thanks

blackcat4866
03-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Hopefully, there's only a plastic cover at rear that's damaged. The scanner assy looks fine, there's nothing to square, and the mirrors seems to be in place, and clean. ...
Thanks

Do you suppose that when Konica Minolta manufactures the scanners that they just look at it, and conclude " .. that one looks OK."?
They have a series of jigs to verify that the frame is truly straight. You do not. Looking at it can only identify gross deformation, not minor misalignment.

=^..^=

Custom Search