PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 36 lamp not glowing

Custom Search

selmila
03-05-2014, 03:09 AM
Bizhub scaner lamp fails to glow.do i need to change the lamp to fix it?

JR2ALTA
03-05-2014, 03:17 AM
We've replaced over a dozen optical units on 36/42. Mainly for 9401 lamp errors. It's one big assembly no separate parts, unfortunately.

Why they make machines where the lamp doesn't go out when the lid closes is beyond me.

Hansoon
03-05-2014, 03:50 AM
Why they make machines where the lamp doesn't go out when the lid closes is beyond me.

I have heard because the lamp needs to be warm to have a specific constant color temperature needed for color true scanning of the original.

Hans

JR2ALTA
03-05-2014, 04:22 AM
Other than you sounding drunk, I guess I can accept that

EarthKmTech
03-05-2014, 01:08 PM
I have heard because the lamp needs to be warm to have a specific constant color temperature needed for color true scanning of the original.

Hans

thats it,

hopefully the next range of little crap boxes will use the led scanners instead of old school discharge lamps with their infinitely variable colour temperature and unreliability.

Other than being obscenely sensitive to dirt on the original glass / white sheet i've had no problems with the current range of machines with led scanners at all.

selmila
03-05-2014, 06:04 PM
We've replaced over a dozen optical units on 36/42. Mainly for 9401 lamp errors. It's one big assembly no separate parts, unfortunately.

Thank you for replying.i hope i will be able to fix the problem by replacing the unit.yes it is an abnormal function of the unit to glow all the time!

Ros.g
03-13-2014, 05:14 PM
Hello, I solved the problem of the lamps of the 'scanner unit bizhub 36-42 - C35 and do not need to replace everything. The lamp is equal to the Triumph-adler DC-2128 "code : 302H994260" - orders two and modify the length of the cable on one of the two.

tech51
03-13-2014, 06:57 PM
thats it,

hopefully the next range of little crap boxes will use the led scanners instead of old school discharge lamps with their infinitely variable colour temperature and unreliability.

Other than being obscenely sensitive to dirt on the original glass / white sheet i've had no problems with the current range of machines with led scanners at all.

As it happens, the C35 replacement has a led scanner......

mrondel
06-26-2014, 05:14 PM
Hello, I solved the problem of the lamps of the 'scanner unit bizhub 36-42 - C35 and do not need to replace everything. The lamp is equal to the Triumph-adler DC-2128 "code : 302H994260" - orders two and modify the length of the cable on one of the two.

I've got a machine with the 9401 error and we're trying to avoid replacing the scanner unit what is this cable your referring to?

EarthKmTech
06-26-2014, 10:52 PM
Download the latest parts book (not sure they are in there yet, but they are coming)

adf and scanner parts are NOW available individually for the C35 / bh42/36 range

Exposure lamp: A121PP0F00

CopierNerd
02-04-2016, 01:51 PM
I am also facing the similar problem with bizhub 36. When i turn ON the machine, It gets stuck at
Konica Minolta Logo screen and hangs. Restarting is the only solution at that time. But when machine turns on again, A message appears on screen "Calibrating" and some times "Initializing"
Machine gets hang. No Printing, No scanning, No copy.
Lamp is ON, some times on slit glass and some times under the white reference sheet. Then i restart it couple of times, it gets normal.Glass is cleaned, Slit glass and white sheet are also cleaned from inside. I think the "Scanner unit" CCD/Optical section is faulty. But i don't want to replace the scanning unit.Its hard to find. Is there any other solution or method to fix this problem?

Many Thanks

CompyTech
02-04-2016, 02:39 PM
I am also facing the similar problem with bizhub 36. When i turn ON the machine, It gets stuck at
Konica Minolta Logo screen and hangs. Restarting is the only solution at that time. But when machine turns on again, A message appears on screen "Calibrating" and some times "Initializing"
Lamp is ON, some times on slit glass and some times under the white reference sheet. Then i restart it couple of times, it gets normal.Glass is cleaned, Slit glass and white sheet are also cleaned from inside. I think the "Scanner unit" CCD/Optical section is faulty. But i don't want to replace the scanning unit.Its hard to find. Is there any other solution or method to fix this problem?

Many Thanks

(Optical Unit: A3EW260101) I just replaced one a couple weeks ago, it's not terri-bad.. (Just replace the whole assy and be done with it. Lol!)

andyf424
02-04-2016, 08:53 PM
Sadly, I've gotten pretty good at working on these things. All the techs I work with now stock the adf carriage belt. Originally SSD told us to replace the scanner unit but we eventually got lucky and got the P/N for it. A lot cheaper and takes a lot less room in the van. As far as the bulbs dying, we still replace the unit for that.

CraigW
02-05-2016, 02:10 PM

Many Thanks

We had a 42 acting just like this exposure lamp was lit, Changed out exposure lamp (now available as a part) and problems were solved.

Custom Search