PDA

View Full Version : CF3102 Banding

Custom Search

Brent Warwick
03-06-2014, 12:33 AM
Hi there,

Well, I'm one step closer to being out of the woods with our new printer. I've cleaned the LED print heads, erase heads, and electrostatic charger wires (which helped a lot on other prints) but now when I print a black test sheet I get this:

Something else to clean? Any ideas are very appreciated.

-Brent

ck1
03-06-2014, 12:56 AM
Did you check the Developer unit ?

Brent Warwick
03-06-2014, 01:07 AM
You mean the ATDC Toner Supply check? If that's what you mean then no. I'm pretty good with tech but a novice in copiers so if you can be more specific it would definitely help.

-Brent

ck1
03-06-2014, 01:15 AM
You mean the ATDC Toner Supply check? If that's what you mean then no. I'm pretty good with tech but a novice in copiers so if you can be more specific it would definitely help.

-Brent
No the dev tank ,maybe dirty .

Brent Warwick
03-06-2014, 02:16 AM
If the printer has a developer tank I'm stumped as to where it is. The only reference I can find to developer (again, I'm no expert) is the service manual referring to the ATDC Toner Supply where it talks about performing a "developer agitation".

-Brent

ck1
03-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Look this photo :D
http://imgur.com/aJTUV87

copier addict
03-06-2014, 02:43 PM
To me it looks like either a dirty or failing printhead, or foreign material in the dev unit.
Hope this helps.

Brent Warwick
03-07-2014, 06:56 PM
Well, if I make test prints with any of the three other colors they turn out ok so I'm going with a dirty or failing imaging unit. If I print a lattice in black the print looks great--it only seems to be a problem with a lot of coverage. There's plenty of toner and I've taken the imaging unit out and shifted it side to side to distribute the toner and the print results were the same. I'm not sure at this point if there's anything else to check without getting a technician to take a look.

Thanks to all for the help.

-Brent

Custom Search