PDA

View Full Version : Auto meter collection

Custom Search

copiman
03-06-2014, 03:23 PM
I'm new to the Kyocera's. Just became a dealer. I was told there are third party and Kyocera software that can be used to collect meter readings from multiple units located in different geographical locations. What to get some input from anyone that knows about or has implemented it.

Eric1968
03-06-2014, 04:23 PM
You can use Kyo Fleetmanager. You need to install a so called Data Collector Agent on the customers' server. This program collects toner levels, meter readings etc. and sends this to the Kyo Fleetmanager server. Then you will always have all info for all machines.

copiman
03-06-2014, 04:28 PM
Thanks Eric. Does the customer have to have a server, or can it be on a PC that has internet access?

honeymonster
03-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Thanks Eric. Does the customer have to have a server, or can it be on a PC that has internet access?

It can be either but it's better if the PC is never switched off.

If the Data Collection Agent stops contacting the server when the PC is off, it'll start generating errors and alerts.

We are currently trialing Samsung PrintPlus, which upon a little research looks like the same program.

copiman
03-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Thanks. Good to know they don't need a server. I'm not sure if they have a WAN or not. I don't think so. Just a lot of outlying offices. Trying to get a better understanding about this. I will be talking with our rep from Kyocera as well.

Custom Search