PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c203 tray 2 won't close

Custom Search

axyun
03-06-2014, 11:48 PM
A Bizhub c203 tray 2 --won't stay closed. When pushed in comes right back out.. Tried comparing with tray rear side but did not see anything that was obviously different. I took the tray to another customers office and it closed properly which mean problem inside machine. Don't know machine well.I was told that a couple of the employees tend to shove the trays in instead of gently closing. Could something like a magnet have been knocked out of place?
Is it supposed to be magnetized at rear? I tried looking in parts manual but I didn't notice anything. I know this is probably a silly and easy thing when you know the machine well, which i don't, and I am a little embarrassed but I have to fix this machine. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

copier addict
03-06-2014, 11:52 PM
Take the lower rear cover off and there is a flat spring that holds the tray closed. You may need to remove the spring and tweak it a little. That should solve the problem.
Hope this helps

blackcat4866
03-07-2014, 12:17 AM
Does the C203 use the same "C" shaped nylon clips as the bizhub 350, on the right side of the front frame, to latch the trays shut? Those clips get stretched out or break. =^..^=

copier addict
03-07-2014, 01:33 AM
Does the C203 use the same "C" shaped nylon clips as the bizhub 350, on the right side of the front frame, to latch the trays shut? Those clips get stretched out or break. =^..^=

No.

axyun
03-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Thank you for your help C.A. Thanks for your tip on the 350 clips which I'll use for future reference. David. I am going back there today and will post when completed. Frank

axyun
03-08-2014, 12:39 AM
I removed rear flat spring plate and adjusted to more acute angle as customer's closing the tray with too much force bent plate out. After adjusting the plate held the tray closed. Then the lift motor wasn't turning and i don't if that was original problem as tray light stays on so customer might have kept trying to open and close until affecting holding spring plate.

Swapped lift motor from tray 2 to tray 1 and tray 1 worked with motor. Put tray 1 motor in for tray 2 and both work now. Tray 2 motor must have been in shock. Hopefully it will be okay for a while. Frank

blackcat4866
03-08-2014, 01:19 AM
Congratulations Frank. I think I'd have that lift motor 2 in stock for next week when they call you back.
Lift Motor M8/M9: 9J06 M103 00

=^..^=

axyun
03-08-2014, 01:29 AM
I'll wait til it happens(now it's lift motor 1 after swap) as the customer knows to use bypass tray temporarily. Do you think the 11x17 wears down the motor faster as it weighs twice as much as letter size. The motor in question was assigned to 11x17 paper but now is lifting letter size. Frank

blackcat4866
03-08-2014, 01:39 AM
... Do you think the 11x17 wears down the motor faster as it weighs twice as much as letter size. The motor in question was assigned to 11x17 paper but now is lifting letter size. Frank

I don't think so. The lift plate raises only the right half, the same 1530.705 cm3 of paper.
I don't see it as additional strain. =^..^=

axyun
03-08-2014, 02:08 AM
Of course you're right. I did not think it through. Thanks David. I hope you have a good weekend. Frank

Custom Search