PDA

View Full Version : C452 P-31 oil can

Custom Search

copier tech
03-07-2014, 09:08 AM
I have a C452 that's showing the P-31 oil can warning, the service manual shows to check & clean the K PC encoder sensors but can someone please tell me where I can find them as obviously I want to try & clean them! Are they in the black image unit!?

From the manual:

18.3.16 P-31: PC home sensor (K) malfunction

*1: Faulty sensor check procedure

1. Open the lower front door and turn ON the main power switch of themachine.

2. Call the [Sensor Check] screen to the screen by way of ServiceMode.

3. Close the lower front door and start [Stabilizer].

4. During the stabilizer sequence, check to see if the values of thephase detection sensors

(K PC encoder sensor/1 and K PC encoder sensor/2) change.

5. A sensor is faulty if its value does not change.

Relevant parts

K PC encoder sensor/1 (PC45)

K PC encoder sensor/2 (PC46)

Transport drive assy

Printer control board (PRCB)

Step Action

1 Perform the faulty sensor check procedure. *1

2 Check the sensor, for which a faulty condition has been checked,for installed position and

proper connector connection.

3 Wipe the sensor, for which a faulty condition has been checked,clean of dirt if any.

4 If P-31 persists, change the transport drive assy.

5 Change PRCB.

neil greenhough
03-09-2014, 06:11 PM
I have a C452 that's showing the P-31 oil can warning, the service manual shows to check & clean the K PC encoder sensors but can someone please tell me where I can find them as obviously I want to try & clean them! Are they in the black image unit!?

From the manual:

18.3.16 P-31: PC home sensor (K) malfunction

*1: Faulty sensor check procedure

1. Open the lower front door and turn ON the main power switch of themachine.

2. Call the [Sensor Check] screen to the screen by way of ServiceMode.

3. Close the lower front door and start [Stabilizer].

4. During the stabilizer sequence, check to see if the values of thephase detection sensors

(K PC encoder sensor/1 and K PC encoder sensor/2) change.

5. A sensor is faulty if its value does not change.

Relevant parts

K PC encoder sensor/1 (PC45)

K PC encoder sensor/2 (PC46)

Transport drive assy

Printer control board (PRCB)

Step Action

1 Perform the faulty sensor check procedure. *1

2 Check the sensor, for which a faulty condition has been checked,for installed position and

proper connector connection.

3 Wipe the sensor, for which a faulty condition has been checked,clean of dirt if any.

4 If P-31 persists, change the transport drive assy.

5 Change PRCB.

The encoder sensor and disk are part of the main drive - big job to get at them! I ordered up and fitted the main drive unit as the machine had 2 million prints on it and the encoder disk was deformed. This was a problem with the previous model (451). Good luck!

copier tech
03-09-2014, 07:16 PM
Cheers for the reply. M/C only has 250k but is on a minning site so real dusty! All I wanna do is clean the sensors no need to fit a new main drive unit!?

neil greenhough
03-10-2014, 08:39 PM
Cheers for the reply. M/C only has 250k but is on a minning site so real dusty! All I wanna do is clean the sensors no need to fit a new main drive unit!?

No not really. If its on a mining site it's highly likely that the encoder is just very dirty. You will still have to get at it though. You could try a can of compressed air and do a bit of indiscriminate blasting in the general direction of the encoder. Not recommended though!!! Why put a precision instrument in a mine???? We have colour machines on construction site and we put ricoh boxes in - Easier to get the crap out of them. Best of luck with it, looks like that could be a regular call!!!!

copier tech
03-22-2014, 09:54 AM
Epic fail! I went back & tried to clean the encoder sensor, but now the machine thows an error code C-225B! AGgggghhhhhhh

I feel I have damaged the encoder disk! I have ordered a main drive unit, so will have to go back & fit that.

What needs to come off to swap that part out please? any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

neil greenhough
03-22-2014, 01:42 PM
Yes, I would think that the encoder disk is deformed as the new error code is related to the black drum drive. To swap out the main drive unit is no walk in the park! Have you got a service manual for the machine as your going to need it? It is a big job! Boards, motors and drive units need removing to get at it. To look at the job in the manual it doesn't look too bad but, be very careful to get everything back in the correct order. You would have thought that Konica would have modified the system after the previous model (451) knowing full well that it was a bad design. The new model (554) looks the same too! Same old, same old! Good luck with that!

copier tech
03-22-2014, 07:28 PM
Yes I have the parts & service manual. Wish me luck! :)

neil greenhough
03-23-2014, 09:40 AM
Good Luck! Just take your time and turn the bloody phone off so you don't get disturbed and you will be fine. Let me know how you get on.

copier tech
03-23-2014, 11:58 AM
Cheers for the support!

I did recommend we upgrade this machine so there's a glimmer of hope customer will buy a new machine, here's hoping lol

copier tech
05-16-2014, 05:54 PM
This machine had a new main drive unit & all has been good, no P codes but went back to this machine for poor colour quality, i've fitted a new xfer belt & the magenta image unit, but the magenta still looks poor, white banding etc, exactly the same as before with the old drum. All the other colours are perfect!
I've obviously cleaned the PH with the wand but i'm wondering if dust has got inside the print head!?
If I do a gradation adjust it makes no difference.
Any ideas!?

EarthKmTech
05-16-2014, 10:43 PM
you may need to remove the print head to clean it properly, its surprisingly easy on this model.

iif the glass is damaged from being scratched by developer & the wand you will have to replace the print head.

copier tech
05-18-2014, 12:36 PM
OK cheers, that was my thought. Just looked in the manual & you're right looks quite simple to remove, so i'll take it out & clean it, just a bit strange how it's only the Magenta that has the CQ fault.

copier tech
05-18-2014, 05:40 PM
Also once I take the PH out is it possible to dissasemble it & clean inside? I know the manual says this is a sealed unit it but have any of you guys tried it????

Synaux
05-19-2014, 03:56 PM
Also once I take the PH out is it possible to dissasemble it & clean inside? I know the manual says this is a sealed unit it but have any of you guys tried it????

It is a non-serviceable part. And as you said: it is a sealed unit. Therefore, it is unlikely you could clean it any more than it already is.

If by chance you can figure out a way to open it without breaking something (they do not look that easy to break into) you would most likely comprise any integrity the unit has.

Joana
05-14-2018, 02:36 PM
maybe someone has a manual to share for c451/c452 and getting to sensors PC45/PC46 to clean?

First would try to blowing out the sensors with vacuum inside dust and blow sensors with compressed air can. Because now i have taken out laser head and i see lots of dust.

Thanks

Custom Search