PDA

View Full Version : Mita Ai 4040

Custom Search

dbrownlee
04-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Running into a wierd problem with this machine... If you try to make a copy off the glass, the lamp comes on, it starts paper feeding, the scanner never moves, then a blank copy comes out. The display says \"press start to resume copy\". When you press start, it makes another blank copy (the scanner never moves), and returns to ready. When I check the service call log it shows C001 (memory copy board 1), although \"call for service\" never displays. It will increment 1 every time I do this. If you place the originals in the ADF, it makes copies just fine, and doesn\'t hit the error counter. Internal prints look great, as well as copies made through the ADF. Using test mode, the scanner travels just fine. The SM says to replace the memory 1 pcb, but I would think that ADF copies would use the same memory (I can do multi copies that way.) This customer is a small private school (small budget) and the machine was donated to them. Any ideas before I quote them a pcb that may not solve the problem? Haven\'t had to service one before, so I don\'t have a shelf full of parts to throw in to aid in troubleshooting.
Thanks, Dave

dbrownlee
04-10-2006, 08:36 PM
I had time to go play with the machine some more today...I reseated the 2 DIMMs on Memory PCB1, and ran sim 21 to initialize them. It took off fine after that. Hopefully it will hold.

Custom Search