PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C654e - Finishing Options Removed When Printing

Custom Search

saburnsjax
03-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Here is another user-facing question. When I select any finishing options - even something as simple as a corner staple or 3-hold punch - they are "dropped" and are never implemented unless I print to "process and hold" and then go into Command Workstation, open the properties, and select the finishing options AGAIN. This happens on every computer that we have the drivers installed, including the 2 computers originally installed by the tech. What is missing?

This doesn't happen when printing to the same model machine - from the same laptop - at a different location.

cushtyasgold
03-08-2014, 07:47 AM
Have you set the IP Address in the configuration tab in the Fiery Printer Driver?

saburnsjax
03-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Have you set the IP Address in the configuration tab in the Fiery Printer Driver?

Yes, it looks like the IP address is set every place it should be... attached are the screen snaps from Windows Control Panel printer setup, from the print preferences dialog, and Command Workstation. The only thing I noticed on them is that in the print preferences dialog it is not showing the finishers in the little icon.

cushtyasgold
03-08-2014, 04:34 PM
What PS Driver are you using Version 1.0 or 1.1?

saburnsjax
03-08-2014, 04:55 PM
What PS Driver are you using Version 1.0 or 1.1?

Looks like is it PS 1.1... Driver name is "Fiery E100 60-55C-KM PS1.1" in the printer setup.

cushtyasgold
03-09-2014, 09:23 AM
I would try the PCL6 driver from another PC it sounds like you have a conflict with the Driver. You could also try the Fiery Deleter Tool remove the PS Driver and try that again.

Looks like is it PS 1.1... Driver name is "Fiery E100 60-55C-KM PS1.1" in the printer setup.

saburnsjax
03-09-2014, 03:34 PM
I would try the PCL6 driver from another PC it sounds like you have a conflict with the Driver. You could also try the Fiery Deleter Tool remove the PS Driver and try that again.

Wow I think I found it... I was going in to switch over to the PCL driver and when I went to download it I noticed there was a PS available for PS1.2 ... then I looked at the server and noticed it was 1.2. Downloaded & installed the PS1.2 driver and now it is working! At least for THIS printer. The other printer has Fiery server 1.1 so I guess that one will not work properly unless/until it is upgraded to the later version? Oh well, at least my primary option is working now! Thanks for the suggestion to look at printer drivers, I was just using the ones the tech had loaded.

Custom Search