PDA

View Full Version : Avision DS8000C Scanner Exposure

Custom Search

blackcat4866
03-26-2008, 01:27 PM
I have one of these Avision DS8000C scanners hooked to the parallel port of an Oki 9200.

The prints are terrific, Oki always is. But from the scanner the resulting prints come out light. I can tweak the exposures to make it look good, but after 60 seconds it defaults back.

How can I adjust the exposures or shift the default exposure to two notches darker and superfine quality as the default?

I've managed to pick up a users manual off the web. But the service manual is more elusive. The manufacturer still hasn't answered my emails after 10 days (how's that for customer service?).

Can anyone help?

=^..^=

blackcat4866
03-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Still no takers? I'll take any guesses.....

=^..^=

_SuabE_
03-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Im working also in different brands of stand alone scanners hooked to a printer. Most i resolved by just cleaning the optical path when the print result from the scanner becomes light. Did you mange to try this? This is happening specially if the scanner use fluorescent then transfer to the mirror 1-2-3- CCD.
The other type use LED's not much problem with this type.

blackcat4866
03-28-2008, 02:09 AM
I have cleaned the optics. The optics were filthy. I doubt that they had ever been cleaned. It was an improvement, but not enough.

=^..^=

Custom Search