PDA

View Full Version : kyocera c5016n sleep issue

Custom Search

comdoctor
03-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Got this from a customer...
I don't have the service manual for this particular model. Has anyone seen this problem?
Thanks in advance,

"The color printer in my office has developed a problem with the sleep timer. If I use the sleep timer feature the printer goes to sleep and stays that way. Print jobs sent to it do not “wake” it up. I can push the Go button and the machine appears to wake up, but nothing prints. In addition, my web browser interface to the printer “times out” trying to connect to the printer. I have to turn the machine off and then back on before the job prints.

As a short term fix I have turned off the sleep timer feature and the printer stays on all the time and appears to works normally.

I can find nothing wrong with the Network end of the process. Can you check the manuals or Kyocera tech support to see if this is a known problem? And if it is, what’s the fix?"

kyoceradude
03-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Hate to sound like 1-800-NOHELP but, Does machine have latest firmware?????

blackcat4866
03-27-2008, 10:03 PM
Hey kyoceradude! You sound just like the hotline! The next thing you'll be telling me to change the main board. "We've never heard of that before........"

=^..^=

bsm2
03-31-2008, 12:59 AM
sounds like bad nic card
you can try to update the nic firmware

kyoceradude
03-31-2008, 01:34 PM
Hey kyoceradude! You sound just like the hotline! The next thing you'll be telling me to change the main board. "We've never heard of that before........"

=^..^=

Here's a case number. Call us when you have it figured out.

Custom Search