PDA

View Full Version : Issue with paper output rollers in FS-526 finisher causing jams

Custom Search

wseyller
03-11-2014, 02:40 AM
I have a Bizhub 652 with an FS-526 finisher with SD-508 & PI-505.

Customer says they were using plain letter sized paper. With a long job after about 150 to 200 sheets it will jam.

In my test I used the paper passage test in service mode with tray 3. Initially I ran about 500 pages with no issue. Customer had a large job to due so I watch and after a larger number of pages it started jamming. I then ran the same test from service mode and it consistently did this in 5 tests.

I took a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q154QPFOCNk&feature=share&list=UUE5bxa_T0xEGj9WuUwl7l4Q

To me it looks like the paper output rollers (the four rollers on top that come down to aid in pushing the set into the tray) are gradually decreasing it distance from the bottom exit rollers. Eventually to the point where the paper cannot get by.

After reading the theory manual it seems that the upper paper output rollers are either all the way up or they come all the way down to help push the paper out.

Any ideas. I don't have much experience on this particular model.

wseyller
03-11-2014, 09:40 PM
I believe I have it solved. I went to inspect the drive for the M6 and even swap with M1, but then I noticed a broken spring laying near the stapler. After searching around a while I found another partially broken spring still hanging it is correct location. Two of the springs were missing. So these 4 spring attach to the assembly the paper output rollers. This is clearly why the issue is happening.

blackcat4866
03-12-2014, 12:16 AM
This is from an FS-504, but many of these KM finishers look surprisingly similar:

Misfeeds (J7229, J7217) only when printing or copying to FS-504 finisher tray #1 (lower tray), intermittently. Nip moveable section responds lethargically after sitting idle for ~ 1 hour. Foam sound damping pads become sticky and slow the reaction of the nip moveable section. Remove sound damping pads.

=^..^=

wseyller
03-12-2014, 03:28 AM
I hear you on that blackcat. I got on the hotline with KMBS and I sent him the link to the video. After he first watched it he had me chasing things I shouldn't have. I then explained again what was going on and he understood but he had to go watch it again to pay attention to the upper output rollers. The second time he then realized what was going on. It took me three times watching it before I did the recording to realize what was happening.

The M6 stepper motor makes this assembly go up or down. The stepper motor by itself cannot fully get the rollers all the way up so it uses these spring to help it out. Without the springs it gradually is unable to fully recover after each set.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

EarthKmTech
03-12-2014, 12:23 PM
Are those the 4 springs you see when looking in from the front door of the finisher?

I've changed about a million of those before, but have not yet seen what happens if you just ignore them and leave them broken.

very interesting.

I dip the lower hook end in teflon grease and they dont get cut through a second time btw.

wseyller
03-13-2014, 03:52 AM
Are those the 4 springs you see when looking in from the front door of the finisher?

I've changed about a million of those before, but have not yet seen what happens if you just ignore them and leave them broken.

very interesting.

I dip the lower hook end in teflon grease and they dont get cut through a second time btw.

Not sure if they can be seen when just opening the front door. I noticed them with the covers off. But it sounds like the same ones.

fixthecopier
03-13-2014, 01:04 PM
Only a real tech watches a video of a copier running and is anxiously waiting to see what is going to happen. I was glued to the screen.

Custom Search