PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta C253 - Account Track Issue

Custom Search

Copitres
03-11-2014, 04:25 PM
I have a Konica Minolta C253 with NVRam reseated, full working, no problems at all, beside a account track issue.
The problem is that when I use account track, the machine blink the blue light saying is receiving data, but when I put the password, nothing happen at all, when printing without the account track active, all works, plus, after putting the password on the machine for the user, I can take copies normally as well.
I already swap the HDD, RAM memory and still nothing happen.
Looks like is the data when arriving the machine, for some reason disapear.

Can anyone help me on this, please?

wseyller
03-11-2014, 05:06 PM
Where do you put the password, in the driver. Yes whether is password is correct or not the copier will receive the print job but the copier will delete it if the password is wrong. You can see this job in the job list. Make sure the correct driver is used because drivers for other devices have different encryption keys. It is also possible to create an encryption key on the copier and then add that same key to the driver.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Copitres
03-11-2014, 05:25 PM
The job don't even appear on the Jobs List. I've tried with PCL driver and PS driver, none have worked so far.
Do you think that could be something about the NVRam reset? (disconnecting the NVRam for several hours, putting the digital counter to zeros, inserting the NVRam initializate and upgrading the firmware)

Mr Spock
03-13-2014, 01:38 AM
you have to put password in the print driver or the job will be deleted as it comes into the mfp.
goto the printing preferences and look for user authen/account track and input the password on that page.

wseyller
03-13-2014, 03:46 AM
you have to put password in the print driver or the job will be deleted as it comes into the mfp.
goto the printing preferences and look for user authen/account track and input the password on that page.

Yes but he is saying that the job doesn't even show up in the job history which is abnormal. Even without the proper password it should at least show up in the job history as deleted.

Copitres
03-13-2014, 12:00 PM

I did all that with the password on the driver, the problem is that happen with the password on the driver.

emujo
03-13-2014, 08:38 PM
If you sent a job, and the light flashed, then the MFP received print data. Barring a MFP board, or firmware problem, the job should be in the log as either complete, or deleted due to error. Possibly you are not looking at the job log correctly, try using the web interface, and change the view to history. It won't give you the reason the job was not output, but you should at least see it. The control panel will give you the detailed info as to why the job was deleted. Additionally, once you have entered all of your account/user code info, the driver must "see" this info. This is done by getting the info via the configure tab. If you get a "can't acquire device info, then your trouble shooting should start there. You may also want to verify that you are not printing to a box, or secure printing accidently. You can also go into the basic tab under printing preferences, authentication/account track settings and "verify" you are putting a valid code. The C353 series can also be setup to "print without authentication", if this is set and you are putting codes in then it might be causing a conflict. If you are using both user authentication and account track you might try "synchronizing" the users to the account track side. Otherwise you have to put in codes for both authentication and account track..Emujo

Custom Search