PDA

View Full Version : HUES & I don't mean Howard

Custom Search

blackdog
03-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Hey got a TA250ci with tooo much yellow hues.
i.e.; beige is yellow.
Anyone have the best solution to adjust other than spending several hours with a few dozen adjustments.
Thanks, it's me.

Zackuth
03-11-2014, 10:39 PM
You can try and replace the dev unit. Other than that, it's adjustment time.

blackdog
03-11-2014, 11:02 PM
"Da BEARS" thanks. Looks like breakfast, lunch & supper at account.

blackcat4866
03-11-2014, 11:51 PM
Nope. Clean the primarys, optics, and full calibration. Then take a look at the U089 gray test prints. That's the row to hoe. =^..^=

tmaged
03-12-2014, 01:24 AM
Blackcat is correct. Print off your color bands in 089. My guess is there's a problem with one of the other colors that is throwing the calibration off.
The machine doesn't see what it needs, so it tries to compensate. Checking what the gray looks like makes all the difference.

blackdog
03-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Last two posts thanks for your input this should save me some time.
This box has 450k on it and I have no idea if a PM kit has been completed.

blackdog
03-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Hey Blackcat I wanted to update you on the TA520i MP Tray issue I was at a standstill with.
The LCT did have failed lift motors, as you suggested but no matter what we tried to do to correct the "install paper in MP Tray error" and locking the unit up I was a dead-end street.
Finally I stumbled across a user adjustment called Tray For Cover. WTF was this I said to myself?
Turns out when a fax is coming in, the cover is assigned to MP Tray even though printer and fax was assigned to Tray 1.
Kyocera mean's to tell me the machine is suppose to distinguish a cover sheet. Wow, I have a cool bridge for sale too.
Anyway once I set cover to tray 1 all was fine in Munchkin Land.
Never in my life have I run across this type of app on any other box.
And to boot every box with fax option that I have run across since has this app as a default.

blackcat4866
03-12-2014, 05:24 PM
It's probably 1/2 way into it's second PM cycle. If it's low color volume though, the MK-865B kit may never have been installed (300K color). =^..^=

blackdog
03-12-2014, 06:26 PM
Blackcat you are Uno #1 in my book! I can always count on you for solid advice.
The stucco is now beige instead of yellow and it only took a couple of hours for 2 machines.
Yes 3 of these units are in a design dept. with a fair amount of color printing.
Thanks again and hoping your living the dream.

blackcat4866
03-12-2014, 06:40 PM
Hey Blackcat I wanted to update you on the TA520i MP Tray issue I was at a standstill with.
The LCT did have failed lift motors, as you suggested but no matter what we tried to do to correct the "install paper in MP Tray error" and locking the unit up I was a dead-end street.
Finally I stumbled across a user adjustment called Tray For Cover. WTF was this I said to myself?
Turns out when a fax is coming in, the cover is assigned to MP Tray even though printer and fax was assigned to Tray 1.
Kyocera mean's to tell me the machine is suppose to distinguish a cover sheet. Wow, I have a cool bridge for sale too.
Anyway once I set cover to tray 1 all was fine in Munchkin Land.
Never in my life have I run across this type of app on any other box.
And to boot every box with fax option that I have run across since has this app as a default.

Yeah, that's a strange one. I can't say that I've ever noticed that feature, but we only placed 3 or 4 of the Falcon IV series.

As for living the dream ...

9 weeks. Hoping to start attempting to walk soon. =^..^=

blackdog
03-12-2014, 10:09 PM
Yeah, that's a strange one. I can't say that I've ever noticed that feature, but we only placed 3 or 4 of the Falcon IV series.

As for living the dream ...

9 weeks. Hoping to start attempting to walk soon. =^..^=

Bummer!
Hey it was one of the crappiest winters all the way around. You should skiing on the lake in no time flat.
Good luck man.

Custom Search