PDA

View Full Version : 4e-series can't log in to panel after ~20 logins

Custom Search

speedtek
03-12-2014, 03:23 PM
We're starting to see this problem spring up all over the place with the C754e and down machines with Account Track enabled. After about 20 logins at the panel, users can no longer log in. The copier acts like they are putting in an invalid password, when indeed they are not. We've been able to replicate the issue by standing in front of it and logging in over and over, and it seems to always stop around 15-20 logins. After that we can't even log in to admin mode. Rebooting solves the issue, but only temporarily. Users can still access and print like normal from their PC's.

So far we have tried updating the firmware (83 on C754e/C654e and C8 on C554e down), and turning off sleep mode (this has solved other issues).

Just wondering if others have seen this issue, and what you've done to resolve it.

Thanks!

EarthKmTech
03-13-2014, 02:07 PM
yep, im well experienced with this, seen it MANY times.

format or replace the hard drive, perform the other required tasks and setup the account tracks again from scratch. DO NOT back them up, the error will be transfered back the machine.

you MAY bakup the address book and transfer that back on, just NOT the account tracks, they must be setup again cleanly.

Your problem will be solved.

From what Ive pieced together the account tracks may get corrupted if the machine logs out during the user inputting new account tracks from the web interface. I've always reprogrammed them back in at the panel and never had issues again. Use a usb keyboard if you dont want to type on the screen.

(this is what i've done to fix it with 100% success, you may in actual fact only need to turn off account track and turn it on again and set it up again from scratch to clear the error - I dont know, i havent tried that method. If you do and it works, let us know.)

Custom Search