PDA

View Full Version : Konica Specs

Custom Search

cwilson
03-13-2014, 09:34 PM
I have been looking but cant find anything that says what is "within specs" according to Konica. What i mean is, a customer will place an original in the DF landscape. The MFP will rotate the image and place it on portrait paper due to the way the customer wants the paper trays set up. when the copy comes out, she will place it on top of the original and hold it up to the light and notices a 2-3mm difference between the original and the copy. Does Konica have anything, in writing preferrably, that says what she is saying is withing specs? Or is any offset of image acceptable with Konica?

blackcat4866
03-13-2014, 09:50 PM
It might be handy to which of the thousands of Konica Minolta models that you have.

The machine specifications can be found in the sales brochure, or the Field Service Manual. I would help you find it if you told us what model, that is. Or you could just use Google, just like I would. For example search: Konica Minolta bizhub 600 brochure

Do you have Google?
=^..^=

minimerlin
03-13-2014, 10:01 PM
All the machine adjustments, such as print/scan sizes and lead edge reg etc, are in the relevant machine service handbook. The tolerances are also included as a + or - of the stated adjustments.

cwilson
03-13-2014, 10:05 PM
I didn't realize that there would be different specs for different models. With Ricoh, it's the same across the board. Either way, it's a Bizhub 360. I have looked in all the manuals I have, theory of operation, field service manual and all the rest that i have and cannot find what acceptable variance they allow.

tech51
03-13-2014, 10:08 PM
I have been looking but cant find anything that says what is "within specs" according to Konica. What i mean is, a customer will place an original in the DF landscape. The MFP will rotate the image and place it on portrait paper due to the way the customer wants the paper trays set up. when the copy comes out, she will place it on top of the original and hold it up to the light and notices a 2-3mm difference between the original and the copy. Does Konica have anything, in writing preferrably, that says what she is saying is withing specs? Or is any offset of image acceptable with Konica?

Years ago, before political correctness struck, my manager at the time would always say to fussy customers like this, and I quote " Do you want to read it or frame it?"
Ahh the Eighties, happy times indeed !

Anyway the specs are in the manual and quite detailed if you need to quote them.

cwilson
03-13-2014, 10:15 PM
Years ago, before political correctness struck, my manager at the time would always say to fussy customers like this, and I quote " Do you want to read it or frame it?"
Ahh the Eighties, happy times indeed !

Anyway the specs are in the manual and quite detailed if you need to quote them.

yeah and that's what i am screamin'. that's exactly what i want to do to show the customer.

907tec
03-13-2014, 10:55 PM
RTFM. There are dozens of specifications related to both the printer and scanner portion. Have you performed any of the machine adjustments? Look at your manual under Service/Machine. Read the entire section.

copier tech
03-14-2014, 08:25 AM
Grow some balls & TELL the customer to place the original the same orientation as the paper is loaded, then you'll fine the copy & original will match nearly perfectly, if not it's much easier to adjust the df stop position or reg etc until it does!
Or even load landscape paper in the bypass tray!

cwilson
03-14-2014, 01:42 PM
Just FYI, I have not been out there yet. A technician has been out and I have not yet.

mo0651
03-14-2014, 02:29 PM
All laser and printing adjustments are available and they say + or - so many millimeters. Did you send a trained tech or a parts changer?

copier addict
03-14-2014, 03:49 PM
You don't really say what is out of spec. Is it skewing? Is registration out? Is it increasing or decreasing size? This info would help in suggesting where to make adjustments.

cwilson
03-14-2014, 04:28 PM
the copier tech that had the call is an experienced tech and not a parts changer. its actually offest a couple of mm. the skewing issue has been taken care of its just the offset of the original from the copy.

blackcat4866
03-14-2014, 04:37 PM
What model?
Consistent or not consistent?
Printed image registration or original image registration?
Are we talking about a single character along one of the margins getting clipped by the lead edge void?

You'll need to know more. =^..^=

darry1322
03-14-2014, 05:54 PM
I don't have the BH360 manual, but the 361 manual does give the specs .

Example :

7. Measure the leading edge position of the image with a scale.
Standard value: 0 ± 2.0 mm or less

SmellsHot
03-14-2014, 08:07 PM
+ OR - 2mm is for the majority of Konica's. Has your tech taking a test chart and made sample copies out of all trays, off the glass, through the adf, single sided, double sided.....etc......
Or is he just being lazy? If every single copy is off the same, then make the proper adjustments.....

Custom Search