PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 751 says now printing, won't copy

Custom Search

nathicana
03-14-2014, 05:09 PM
This Bizhub 751 used to be connected to an Equitrac copy management device. I followed the procedure to unset the "insert key" message so that the machine could run without the Equitrac. The machine comes up and says "ready to copy" but I am able to run the machine in list output mode only. When trying to make a regular copy the machine scans the original and just sits there saying "now printing" and nothing happens. I can cancel the job and it goes back to saying "ready to copy".

We have another 751 that has the identical problem.

emujo
03-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Not 100% sure, but assuming you properly "unset" the device in service mode, didn't the interface connector have a "loop back" plug? If so, you may have to find it and put it back on the connector. Emujo

nathicana
03-14-2014, 09:15 PM
Not 100% sure, but assuming you properly "unset" the device in service mode, didn't the interface connector have a "loop back" plug? If so, you may have to find it and put it back on the connector. Emujo

I was not present when the Equitrac was installed so I don't know about a loop back plug that may have been removed. The procedure I used in service mode was:

utility/meter count/details/stop 00/stop 01/stop 9/management function/unset

nathicana
03-14-2014, 10:19 PM
Thank you emujo. I found a junk machine and sure enough there was a loop plug on the interface connector. One of the machines is now working properly. I just have to find another such plug or short the wires myself to get the other machine going.

fredi adinata
01-26-2019, 08:12 AM
So.What is the solution.I have same problem too.Please Help

allan
01-26-2019, 12:39 PM
Seems like the solution was found here.
Did you try any of the stuff mentioned?

copyman
01-26-2019, 01:20 PM
You can just jump the wires together if you don't have the jumper connector.

nathicana
01-26-2019, 07:23 PM
So.What is the solution.I have same problem too.Please Help

Here is a photo of the shorting plug installed. If you can't come up with the original plug make sure you jump the correct wires.

As I recall this is in the machine rear upper area. It would be where the management device was connected.

Remember you will need to unset the management device. I previously posted the sequence that worked for me.

Good luck

Custom Search