PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 423 "failed to start" message

Custom Search

jwrycza
03-17-2014, 07:24 PM
I havea Biz423 which displays a "failed to start. Please turn power off/on" message. It will not allow you to do anything unless you restart it and then it comes back up after a couple minutes. It is either a hard drive issue or fax board. In service mode, it has a code B-0003. If I unset the fax board it will print. I just want to make sure it is a fax board issue and not memory of some other type. Anyone have any other ideas or had this problem?
Thanks for any help!

blackcat4866
03-17-2014, 08:26 PM
I havea Biz423 which displays a "failed to start. Please turn power off/on" message. It will not allow you to do anything unless you restart it and then it comes back up after a couple minutes. It is either a hard drive issue or fax board. In service mode, it has a code B-0003. If I unset the fax board it will print. I just want to make sure it is a fax board issue and not memory of some other type. Anyone have any other ideas or had this problem?
Thanks for any help!

Do you mean CB003? Fax Board Initialization error NG? (You typed too many zeros).

Yes, fax board. =^..^=

deepdiver
03-18-2014, 12:13 AM
Thanks for any help!

I too have a machine with this problem BH283. New Fax board did not fix it. I am going back tomorrow hopefully with MFP board to fix. It could also be the HDD if Fitted. Mine does not have an HDD.

Tonerjockey.com
03-18-2014, 01:00 AM
Thanks for any help!

PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Possible FK-508 Fax Kit failure or the Fax Kit is not installed and the MFP is incorrectly configured.
Verify the presence of a Fax Kit. Ensure that, if there is no Fax Kit installed, the machine settings are correctly configured.
Service Mode,System 2, Option Board, Status, Fax (Circuit 1 or 2) Unset.

If an installed Fax Kit has failed, please replace it as necessary (Item #A22M011). Reboot machine.

2. The machine is equipped with a Fax Kit and an Hard Disk Drive (HDD). The HDD is not enabled or properly formatted.
Enable the HDD (HD-516):
a. Enter the Service Mode and select System 2.
b. Select HDD and select "Installed".
c. Once the hard drive is enabled, access State Confirmation and select "Memory/HDD Adj."
d. Next, select HDD Format and perform the Logical Format.
e. Reboot the machine.

3. Bad connection between the FK-508 Fax Kit and the Overall Control Board (OACB).
Reseat the USB cable between the fax option and the OACB.

Downunder
03-19-2014, 10:02 AM
This error message has usually come up when upgrading the firmware, on a past occasions I have had to take it down a firmware level and on the majority of cases, Three so far I have changed USB sticks and re-flashed the firmware. Fax boards on all cases never fixed the error.

jwrycza
03-19-2014, 12:33 PM
Thanks for all the advise. I replaced the fax board and that took care of the problem. All is happy in the repair world again! Thanks again!

deepdiver
03-27-2014, 08:46 AM
Mine turned out to be the OACB

jwrycza
03-27-2014, 12:33 PM
Well, after replacing the Fax board, it worked for 3 days before the issue returned. I ended up replacing the hard drive and that took care of the issue.
Thanks everyone!

Custom Search