PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c224e, wrong Toner level indicator

Custom Search

occus
03-18-2014, 08:47 AM
Hi

I have a bizhub c224e with the message "Toner low" for cyan and yellow...
Counter: 29079 black and 378 color
FW: G20-A9 Function 3 (yes i know there is the new one C8 Function 5, but there is no info about this problem)

What can be the problem? Any ideas?

To know:
-the standby mode is deactivated, to eliminate the problem with the booklet-tray full message
-pplm all is set to not stop

Thanks

copier tech
03-19-2014, 07:43 AM
Low toner, so what fault do you have!? has the machine stopped printing?
I disable the low toner warnings to stop the customer replacing the toners too early when not needed.

occus
03-19-2014, 08:12 AM
Hi copier tech

No, the machine prints... yes of course i can deactivate the message but thats not the solution.
The Toner level status you can see on the display is not really nice, looking really bad for only 378 color prints.

We had a lot of problems (now more ore less fixed) but the customer thinks it is a bad machine... but i don't want change

Kidaver
03-19-2014, 02:22 PM
These machines do not measure toner in the bottle...they measure by how many rotations from the toner bottle....basically dev asks toner hopper for toner when it's sensor reaches a certain point....sub hopper feeds dev unit and when it's sensor reaches a certain point and asks for toner from bottle...bottle spins until sub hopper is happy...if it rotates so many times it will send a message it is low on toner....changing toner bottles that are not empty can throw this balance off...it will correct itself after a few cycles...I explain this to my customers(well in simpler terms)...I tell them to not change toner bottles unless the machine asks for a new one...if they do it will throw the gauges off but will correct themselves so not to freak out...

occus
03-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Hi Kidaver

Thanks for support!
Yes i read the theory manual and understand how it works with the toner supply.
But i would say thats a failure or a problem... and what about the magenta toner? magenta indicator shows full... only cyan and yellow is low.

i thinks there is a bug somewhere.

Kidaver
03-19-2014, 07:06 PM
You can check you VCC readings....Service Mode-State Confirmation-Level History 1-TCR....they should be between 4-6% if I remember correctly...if they are good then your I/U are good there and might look at the sensor in the sub hopper...

occus
03-19-2014, 07:48 PM
Thank you for your hint... now i can remember on a tech notice for bizhub c220series... change the toner hopper sensor.

mo0651
03-19-2014, 10:11 PM
Shake those toners vigorously!!!! had them pack on one end and it takes some force to get them flowing.

Setright
07-14-2014, 11:48 AM
The measuring is in the hopper unit, and there have been issues with incorrect sensitivity.

Also...upgrade the firmware.

copier tech
07-14-2014, 07:26 PM
Also turn off the "consumable low" warning in service mode

blackcat4866
07-15-2014, 02:03 AM
This is a very poor placement of a color copier. How many times do you think that this machine has done a color calibration in 30K copies? Many times. Each time color toner is used to calibrate the color image. I doesn't matter if the last 5K images were all black, it will still do a color calibration. All your color toner has been used in calibrations.

You ask: Can't we just stop these calibrations? Sure ... if you don't care what the images look like. Because they will look like crap. Even the black images.

In the final analysis this customer does not need a color copier. =^..^=

B0265
07-15-2014, 08:56 AM
You could change the stabilzation mode setting to "black priority". I don't know how much it will effect the color toner consumption but it might help.

hotfuser
07-15-2014, 10:17 AM
You could change the stabilzation mode setting to "black priority". I don't know how much it will effect the color toner consumption but it might help.

i have loads of the C224e and C454e with this problem. The C242e you can just take the bottle out shake it and replace where the C454e has a chip so the toner has to be replaced.
in the latest firmware release GD3 E4 which in the read me file states that incorrect toner levels show on the control panel plus incorrect info sent too CSRC.
Once firmware has been applied to the C454e you need to relace the toners.

i hope this helps

occus
07-15-2014, 12:45 PM
yes it was a firmware bug.... of course one more on the "e" series

This is a very poor placement of a color copier. How many times do you think that this machine has done a color calibration in 30K copies? Many times. Each time color toner is used to calibrate the color image. I doesn't matter if the last 5K images were all black, it will still do a color calibration. All your color toner has been used in calibrations.

You ask: Can't we just stop these calibrations? Sure ... if you don't care what the images look like. Because they will look like crap. Even the black images.

In the final analysis this customer does not need a color copier. =^..^=

Do you have never problems with black priority? i remember on tech notice about this... many problems.
Instead i use the sw50 to 01 function...

hotfuser
07-15-2014, 12:55 PM
yes it was a firmware bug.... of course one more on the "e" series

Do you have never problems with black priority? i remember on tech notice about this... many problems.
Instead i use the sw50 to 01 function...

No problems at all. I did on the early C224 but now i send all mine out on black priority.

dherhut
03-18-2021, 06:36 PM
Dear, I have the problem that the black toner cartridge does not recognize me. (Konica minolta Biz hub c284e) I entered the TCR service mode and the black values ​​were under 3%, I tried to add manual toner and it does not allow it because it does not recognize the toner.
the cartridge worked perfectly, (it has more than half the content). the problem arose when I did maintenance to the black development unit, after a few copies it asked me to change the toner.
Any idea how I can correct it?
Thank you.

allan
03-18-2021, 09:39 PM
Please start a new thread the problem you have is unrelated.

Check if there is any toner in the sub hopper. Could be that the bottle is not turning. Make sure the toner bottle shutter is opening. The rubber pipe on the dev tank could be pinched blocked or even detached. Could be a blockage or malfunction on the sub hopper.

dherhut
03-19-2021, 07:17 PM
muchas , gracias. solucionado gracias a sus instrucciones.

Walterj
03-21-2021, 09:12 AM
[QUOTE = occus; 408786] Hola

, tengo una bizhub c224e con el mensaje "Toner low" para cian y amarillo ...
Contador: 29079 negro y 378 color
FW: G20-A9 Función 3 (sí, sé que hay uno nuevo C8 Función 5, pero no hay información sobre este problema)

¿Cuál puede ser el problema? ¿Algunas ideas?

Para saber:
-el modo de espera está desactivado, para eliminar el problema con el folleto-mensaje de bandeja llena
-pplm todo está configurado para no detenerse

Gracias [/ QUOTE]

In these machine models, as there is no chip in the toner bottle, you have to wait for the equipment to stop completely and fill the toner and then just replace the toner bottle, otherwise you will be left with that low toner message.
Another way is to rewrite the FW Ver.GDP-M1, then change the EngineSWs
Greetings.

Custom Search