PDA

View Full Version : c280 "warming up" will not print or receive faxes (intermittent)

Custom Search

andyf424
03-19-2014, 09:58 PM
Customer of mine has a c280 that occasionally gets stuck "warming up". When they arrive in the AM, the machine is in powersaving mode. If they try to print, scan, fax, whatever, it wakes up and shows warming up indefinitely and after 30 minutes to an hour they'll power cycle it and it'll be fine. While the machine is stuck warming up, they can not receive faxes and they can't print because the machine shows offline. In the AM is when they receive customer PO's so they are concerned that in the morning, if nobody checks on it and turns it on/off, faxes aren't going through.

Of course, this is intermittent and I have never been able to witness it. I have updated firmware to the newest version (g00-d2), combed SSD for solutions, I also reset all memory dimms/simms and MFPboard connectors. Any of you folks encountered this in the field? Any input is appreciated.

As of now, I left the call open and they'll call me if it happens again so maybe, just maybe, I can catch it in the act.

andyf424
03-19-2014, 10:04 PM
Got a little more info, windows work stations show the printer being in an "error state" not offline. Also MML shows 0 trouble codes and no oil cans.

andyf424
03-20-2014, 07:02 PM
rewrote firmware, switched to 100 duplex vs. gigabit and am asking customer not press the power button on the side of the machine at night. We'll see what happens, they'll call me if it does it again.

stevena86
03-27-2014, 04:40 AM
Check the power save settings in admin mode. I've heard from a few techs I work with that if it is in Low-Power Mode that can cause some strange issues. Set it to sleep mode and see if that has any affect.

habik
03-27-2014, 05:09 PM
rewrote firmware, switched to 100 duplex vs. gigabit and am asking customer not press the power button on the side of the machine at night. We'll see what happens, they'll call me if it does it again.

You are I think on a right path. I had similar when some one was printing "Remotly" through VPN and his internet was sluggish and it was just hanging and hanging..If I remeber correctly his laptop was casuing this issue, but They could see it that a job was coming through, a.e Blue light Flashing Flashing but machine was not responding, just never arrived. Even when I rebooted the machine it eventually came back. So What I did was disconnected the Fax Line, still flashing. Reboot with Network cable only, still flashing. Reboot without any network or fax line connection. Flashing stopped. So Network it was. Cleared all the queues in their entire office. Still flashing. Asked if ANY one else is hooked to their network, hmmm actually :) and the rest of the story was remote connection print queue..

Good Luck.

andyf424
03-27-2014, 05:59 PM
Customer called this morning, problem is back. Rebooted and now runs fine. I'll try the power settings in admin.

JustManuals
03-27-2014, 07:25 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $14.77 and downloaded immediately from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

andyf424
03-27-2014, 10:32 PM
Administrator>system settings>power save settings are as follows now

low power mode settings = 240 min.
Sleep mode settings = 240 min.
Power save key = sleep
enter power save mode = normal

well see how this works. I'll update when I know more.

andyf424
04-07-2014, 05:47 PM
It's been a week..... Fingers crossed!

stevena86
04-08-2014, 01:22 AM
Hope that fixed it for ya.

grimreeper
04-09-2014, 11:33 AM
Customer of mine has a c280 that occasionally gets stuck "warming up". When they arrive in the AM, the machine is in powersaving mode. If they try to print, scan, fax, whatever, it wakes up and shows warming up indefinitely and after 30 minutes to an hour they'll power cycle it and it'll be fine. While the machine is stuck warming up, they can not receive faxes and they can't print because the machine shows offline. In the AM is when they receive customer PO's so they are concerned that in the morning, if nobody checks on it and turns it on/off, faxes aren't going through.

Of course, this is intermittent and I have never been able to witness it. I have updated firmware to the newest version (g00-d2), combed SSD for solutions, I also reset all memory dimms/simms and MFPboard connectors. Any of you folks encountered this in the field? Any input is appreciated.

As of now, I left the call open and they'll call me if it happens again so maybe, just maybe, I can catch it in the act.

The firmware and solution rom should have 24702fixed this but you say when the machine recieves a print job it does this it could be that the machine is recieving a corupt data packet if you can change the IP address of the machine and see if still does this because whatever corupt data packet there is will no longer be routed to your machine I have ahd this on other MFP's that either restarts automatically or just becomes non responsive. Please check the attachment regarding the firmware upgrade. Good luck.

rrrohan
04-09-2014, 11:43 AM
The firmware and solution rom should have 24702fixed this but you say when the machine recieves a print job it does this it could be that the machine is receiving a corrupt data packet if you can change the IP address of the machine and see if still does this because whatever corupt data packet there is will no longer be routed to your machine I have ahd this on other MFP's that either restarts automatically or just becomes non responsive. Please check the attachment regarding the firmware upgrade. Good luck. thats why i always suggest copier is install on a server. otherwise you can get a random pc with local installation constantly sending it corrupted data and end up having to do a packet capture to figure out which PC its coming from

Custom Search