PDA

View Full Version : BizHub C364 installing firmware

Custom Search

copier addict
03-20-2014, 08:24 PM
I am trying to install firmware on a KonMin C364 and all I get is a screen with a black dot in the upper right corner.
This machine does not have an HDD installed, so, I was wondering if it needs one for firmware to load.
Has any of you had this issue? If so, what resolved it.
This is a refurb and it had no HDD when we got it.
The USB drive I have has been used to update other 4 series machines so I'm sure it isn't the problem.
Any info is appreciated
Thanks

Kidaver
03-20-2014, 08:40 PM
It's possible as this series comes standard with a 250GB....I honestly have never tried running one of these without the HDD installed...I have read doing an Initialization Clear all Data will give you a C code because it sets the HDD to Unset and you have to go in and Set it so I guess there is the option to run these without the HDD but I wouldn't think it would affect loading firmware....tho I have had these machines be real picky about USB drives....and you are putting it in the specific service port correct?

wseyller
03-21-2014, 01:33 AM
HDD is very important on this series. I would say you definitely need one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

samadshafi
03-07-2017, 08:33 PM
hi please i need firmware for minolta c364 please where can i download the firmware

Synthohol
03-07-2017, 11:25 PM
check your PMs

blackcat4866
03-08-2017, 12:05 AM
The HDD was probably removed to satisfy end-of-lease security protocols. =^..^=

emujo
03-08-2017, 01:45 PM
HDD is NOT needed as we have a few customers that would only buy if there was no HDD, and we are still updating FW on these. You do lose a lot of functionality though. My guess is you have either the wrong firmware, you have it on the USB drive incorrectly, or your USB drive has a problem..

Firmware file should start with A161-0Y0, the FW files should be the only thing on the USB, and located on the root (no folder, unless you set up a multiple firmware USB), and the drive should be FAT32, 8 gig seems to work ok, and no other programs on the drive (I usually use an HP formatting tool to truly get a blank drive). I sounds like you are using the correct port as you are getting the black dot. Since you don't have a HDD you may want to just let it sit there for maybe 1/2 hour, possibly some of the data manipulation is done by the HDD but now is being done with RAM. You can also try disconnecting all of your options to see if it comes up in this condition. Emujo

WildbillC
03-08-2017, 03:48 PM
Memory Experts carries HDD'S. You can run the copier without a HDD, BUT you will loose a lot of functionality. You will also get "out of memory" errors when printing
or scanning large documents.

copier addict
03-09-2017, 12:24 AM
This was three years ago and I know I got it working, but I can't remember how. I always try to update my posts, I seem to have forgotten this one. I apologize.

jose60623
02-20-2019, 05:56 AM
check your PMs
Im looking for the C364 firmware and movie file, any help?

Synthohol
02-20-2019, 01:14 PM
done

Helge_Muc
11-19-2019, 02:03 AM
Hi,

i am struggeling since 2 years to get the C364 to send Scan to email (Office 365 or gmail available).

HAs anyone the latest (german) firmware available?
Can anybody give hints for the Scan to email?

Thanks so much & Kind regards from munich

Helge

Synthohol
11-19-2019, 02:06 AM
its a great reason to upgrade the copier as its programming is obsolete.
there are 2 firmwares and bit switches to change and it is a royal pain in the ass.

Helge_Muc
11-19-2019, 02:13 AM
So what does this mean?

I am happy with the c364 - and got it for a really good price an still under 200K copies after 3 Years, but i like to use the Scan to email - if it will not work, i have to find another solution but i like to give it a try....

Phil B.
11-19-2019, 03:19 AM
So what does this mean?

I am happy with the c364 - and got it for a really good price an still under 200K copies after 3 Years, but i like to use the Scan to email - if it will not work, i have to find another solution but i like to give it a try....

scan to FTP?
USB?

copier tech
11-19-2019, 07:52 AM
Hi,

i am struggeling since 2 years to get the C364 to send Scan to email (Office 365 or gmail available).

HAs anyone the latest (german) firmware available?
Can anybody give hints for the Scan to email?

Thanks so much & Kind regards from munich

Helge

There is version up firmware available this upgrades the C364 to a C364'e' SLL/TLS is sported allowing O365 & gmail compatibility.

We can supply should you decide to go down this route.

Helge_Muc
11-19-2019, 07:37 PM
scan to FTP?
USB?

No, no option in my case!

Helge_Muc
11-19-2019, 07:38 PM
There is version up firmware available this upgrades the C364 to a C364'e' SLL/TLS is sported allowing O365 & gmail compatibility.

We can supply should you decide to go down this route.

Will be happy to try. Is the copier's language still german?

Thanks

Helge

Phil B.
11-19-2019, 07:49 PM
No, no option in my case!

Konica Minolta bizhub C364 Printers and MFPs specifications (https://mobilespecs.net/printer/Konica_Minolta/Konica_Minolta_bizhub_C364.html)

https://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/wps/wcm/connect/newweb/17b3a37a-9d85-43e3-ac53-2afd46940162/bizhub_C364e.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&attachment=false&id=1571345233925

supposedly BOTH C364 / e models have usb

is it disabled?

Helge_Muc
11-19-2019, 08:20 PM
No, sorry. USB works but it is no option for my case.

The person who should receive the Scan is not in the same building and FTP/SMB is also no option as i needed to deliver the Scan as PDF to mobiles phones.

copier tech
11-19-2019, 08:31 PM
Will be happy to try. Is the copier's language still german?

Thanks

Helge

Updating the firmware wont change the language.

Helge_Muc
11-19-2019, 08:39 PM
Updating the firmware wont change the language.

How to get the Firmware and any Special instructions or as usual?

Thanks

tsbservice
11-19-2019, 09:05 PM

Thanks

You have like 3 ways imho:
1. Contribute here and wait for a member to supply you with files.
2. Pay and get Firmware and support from copier tech.
3. Go and ask elsewhere.

copier tech
11-19-2019, 09:53 PM
You have like 3 ways imho:
1. Contribute here and wait for a member to supply you with files.
2. Pay and get Firmware and support from copier tech.
3. Go and ask elsewhere.

I'm assisting him, thanks.

gere1
11-22-2019, 07:00 PM
Check that when the HDD was removed, the cable that has the door sensor for the firmware will also not be taken

Translated by Google I hope it is understood

Kragox
12-09-2019, 01:37 PM
Hello.

I need newest firmware to this model with poliish language.
Can anyone send me link?
Thanks!

KaliDesigns
06-17-2020, 08:33 PM
Hi everyone. We just got this printer from another company that went out of business. I'm fairly knowledge at trying to fix them myself but having some difficulty with duplexing.

Tried some of the fixes here and would like to also update the firmware but do not know where I can find it, I have googled with no luck. Last time this was serviced by Konica was back in 2016.

Any help would be appreciated.

Phil B.
06-17-2020, 08:40 PM

Thanks

as Copier Tech stated " Firmware doesn't change the language "

that is done thru the cntl pnl.

srvctec
06-17-2020, 08:44 PM
Hi everyone. We just got this printer from another company that went out of business. I'm fairly knowledge at trying to fix them myself but having some difficulty with duplexing.

Tried some of the fixes here and would like to also update the firmware but do not know where I can find it, I have googled with no luck. Last time this was serviced by Konica was back in 2016.

Might want to start your own thread. What makes you think you need F/W? The last F/W for these models was January of 2014.

tsbservice
06-17-2020, 08:47 PM

Ideally you call certified tech to do maintenance and troubleshooting after 4 years.
If you want to do it yourself much more info is needed as counters, error codes, parts life etc.
If you come solely for FW contribute and may have better chance someone have it for you.

Phil B.
06-17-2020, 08:52 PM

totally off topic.

post in the proper forum.

Custom Search