PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous NEC IT3640D

Custom Search

richmods
03-24-2014, 11:24 PM
I got a call on a NEC IT3640D copier stating that it was jamming and producing light copies. I found a disaster (toner) inside the machine and had to clean the entire paper path to cure the jamming issue. The light copy issue appeared to be the result of a leaking dev unit. I replaced it, the drum, charge wire, new developer, and ran F8. Everything looked good except that it is still printing faded copies. One copy might look decent and the very next will be so light that you cant read it. I am out of ideas...ant input would be greatly appreciated. I also replace the developer bulbs behind the dev unit.

minimerlin
03-24-2014, 11:51 PM
I got a call on a NEC IT3640D copier stating that it was jamming and producing light copies. I found a disaster (toner) inside the machine and had to clean the entire paper path to cure the jamming issue. The light copy issue appeared to be the result of a leaking dev unit. I replaced it, the drum, charge wire, new developer, and ran F8. Everything looked good except that it is still printing faded copies. One copy might look decent and the very next will be so light that you cant read it. I am out of ideas...ant input would be greatly appreciated. I also replace the developer bulbs behind the dev unit.

From your description I would suggest you have a transfer roller problem. Has it done it`s life? What about a hard stop? Do you have a good image on the drum? Connection springs etc?

copier addict
03-25-2014, 12:56 AM
You say there was a lot of toner inside the machine. Have you checked the printhead? It may be coated in toner.
Hope this helps

richmods
03-25-2014, 02:07 AM
You say there was a lot of toner inside the machine. Have you checked the printhead? It may be coated in toner.
Hope this helps

I did inspect the print head(which was clean) and replaced it just in case. I think minimerlin may be onto something with the transfer roller...I will check that tomorrow.

richmods
03-25-2014, 05:04 PM

After replacing the transfer roller this is what I get for copy quality. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hansoon
03-25-2014, 06:00 PM
I would say, the copper contacts of the Image Unit and/or the copper contacts in the side door are not making proper contact and/or bias leaking because of damaged drum, however, you said:

I replaced it, the drum, charge wire, new developer,

How did you replace the drum? Only the drum or the whole drum unit? How are the collars of the developing unit? What the heck is a "charge wire" in this machine? Do you mean the saw-tooth corona?

Hans

richmods
03-25-2014, 08:38 PM
I would say, the copper contacts of the Image Unit and/or the copper contacts in the side door are not making proper contact and/or bias leaking because of damaged drum, however, you said:

How did you replace the drum? Only the drum or the whole drum unit? How are the collars of the developing unit? What the heck is a "charge wire" in this machine? Do you mean the saw-tooth corona?

Hans

i replaced the developing unit (kit), drum, developer, and charge wire (corona).

minimerlin
03-25-2014, 09:03 PM
i replaced the developing unit (kit), drum, developer, and charge wire (corona).
Are these parts fitted genuine items or aftermarket bits. The pictures look like either connection problems or dev tank gears? How does the copies compare to before you changed the transfer roller? Was it a genuine new item?

richmods
03-26-2014, 01:04 AM
Are these parts fitted genuine items or aftermarket bits. The pictures look like either connection problems or dev tank gears? How does the copies compare to before you changed the transfer roller? Was it a genuine new item?

The dev unit came from precision roller so prob aftermarket. The copies are weird....sometimes I get copies close to perfect and then the next attempt I get copies like the pictures above. The copies improved a bit after changing the trans roller but not much.

Hansoon
03-26-2014, 07:00 AM
I would say, the copper contacts of the Image Unit and/or the copper contacts in the side door are not making proper contact

Had this a million times with all series using this style of image unit. It started with the Minolta Di-350, continued with the Di-351, the KonicaMinolta Bizhub 350 etc.....

Hans

Custom Search