PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Bizhub C451 Won't Power Up

Custom Search

integritybob
03-25-2014, 01:24 AM
Copier was working until the operator attempted to replace the waste toner container. The "Replace Waste Toner . . ." indicator would not clear so they tried turning the main power off & on. Now the unit will not power up at all.

When the main power is turned on (with sub-power on), the orange and blue lights on the left front of the scan section illuminate, and a relay click and a fan can be heard. The main power light on the control panel lights. That's it. The touchscreen does not light up at all, and none of the usual initialization noises are heard. A beep is heard when the sub-power switch is turned off and on, but the lights on the scan section stay on even with the sub-power off.

I checked voltages on the DC power supply, which seem okay, and removed & reconnected connectors on the power supply and PRCB. Line voltage is a 30 amp dedicated line.

Before I start replacing boards and power supplies, I was wondering if anyone had seen anything like this on this series.

imihm
03-25-2014, 06:54 AM
Copier was working until the operator attempted to replace the waste toner container. The "Replace Waste Toner . . ." indicator would not clear so they tried turning the main power off & on. Now the unit will not power up at all.

When the main power is turned on (with sub-power on), the orange and blue lights on the left front of the scan section illuminate, and a relay click and a fan can be heard. The main power light on the control panel lights. That's it. The touchscreen does not light up at all, and none of the usual initialization noises are heard. A beep is heard when the sub-power switch is turned off and on, but the lights on the scan section stay on even with the sub-power off.

I checked voltages on the DC power supply, which seem okay, and removed & reconnected connectors on the power supply and PRCB. Line voltage is a 30 amp dedicated line.

Before I start replacing boards and power supplies, I was wondering if anyone had seen anything like this on this series.

Hello if there is any options installed ,disconnect all and power the machine on

Thanks

integritybob
03-25-2014, 07:27 AM
Hello if there is any options installed ,disconnect all and power the machine on

Thanks

Thanks for the response. I did try it with the finisher and doc feeder disconnected - no change.

Blizzoo
03-25-2014, 12:14 PM
Sounds like a NVRam failure.
Try an NVRam Restore first.

emujo
03-25-2014, 12:58 PM
I would start with the memory stick 1st. If no success, then the MFP board, then the PCRB. Can you get the MFP to power up in firmware update mode? Emujo

elamurugu
03-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Chek the FLASH ROM

integritybob
03-25-2014, 09:42 PM
It was a bad memory stick. Thanks for all the responses, especially emujo, who nailed it.

RookieTech
04-22-2014, 11:43 PM
I am having the same issue. I will be pulling the machine from the customer's site tomorrow. Did you reformat the memory stick or replaced with a new one?
Thank you for your help.

It was a bad memory stick. Thanks for all the responses, especially emujo, who nailed it.

integritybob
04-23-2014, 01:00 AM
I am having the same issue. I will be pulling the machine from the customer's site tomorrow. Did you reformat the memory stick or replaced with a new one?
Thank you for your help.

I replaced it. Actually, I replaced both of them, so I'm not even certain which one is the bad one. It has been working fine since then, so I'm okay with that.

RookieTech
04-23-2014, 01:20 AM
Where are the "memory sticks" located? I only see memory modules on service manual part no V865-3000. Thanks again.

I replaced it. Actually, I replaced both of them, so I'm not even certain which one is the bad one. It has been working fine since then, so I'm okay with that.

integritybob
04-23-2014, 01:56 AM
Where are the "memory sticks" located? I only see memory modules on service manual part no V865-3000. Thanks again.

Memory modules, memory sticks, that's them. Appears to be standard PC-3200 512mb laptop memory, although I used pulls from another machine. They're located on the MFP board near the top.

EarthKmTech
04-23-2014, 07:46 AM
you can generally tell which ones dead by the symptoms.

bank 0 - machine will do nothing at all, black screen, LED's are on on scanner thats about it.
bank 1 - machine will boot but will lock up rock solid at any point upto and including the ready screen.

integritybob
04-23-2014, 05:01 PM
you can generally tell which ones dead by the symptoms.

bank 0 - machine will do nothing at all, black screen, LED's are on on scanner thats about it.
bank 1 - machine will boot but will lock up rock solid at any point upto and including the ready screen.

Good info, thanks. From that it would appear that bank 0 was defective on the unit I was servicing.

RookieTech
04-23-2014, 05:17 PM
Got it. I will give it a shot and provide an update when available. I sincerely appreciate the help.
We were an NEC dealer which brands these Minolta units, but NEC went under and away went our call center tech support.
Anyhow, thanks again.

Memory modules, memory sticks, that's them. Appears to be standard PC-3200 512mb laptop memory, although I used pulls from another machine. They're located on the MFP board near the top.

RookieTech
04-24-2014, 01:09 AM
Alright guys removed memory placed existing memory back on boards and the machine came on to Ready screen. However the control panel is unresponsive.
It will not take any commands and start button is red. Zero error codes are present.

Good info, thanks. From that it would appear that bank 0 was defective on the unit I was servicing.

RookieTech
04-25-2014, 08:22 PM
SOLVED

As mentioned before defective memory chips removed existing, swapped with new, and the machine is back to normal.

THANK YOU ALL!

Custom Search