PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C352 Utility Button and CF Firmware

Custom Search

jimineddy
03-25-2014, 03:16 AM
Just purchased a used C352 and the only issue is the utility button. Everything works fine except when I push the utility button to get into tech mode, everything freezes and I have to do a hard start. Tried everything I know and nothing works. I believe my next step is to update the firmware. My problem, what compact flash will fit the C352? Any help would be appreciated. I'm not a copier technician but have manuals and a lot of experience with repairing my other Konica copiers (C252 x 2, Di3510, C350) and I'm computer knowledgeable. :rolleyes:

wseyller
03-25-2014, 04:00 AM
Not sure this is a firmware issue but worth a try I guess.

You won't have much luck with a CF card over 256MB. It is a special file format. There is a utility call Firmware Imaging Toolkit that will format the card and also write the files to the card.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jimineddy
03-27-2014, 09:13 PM
Now I'm having trouble finding the firmware for the C352. Konica's site show no results when stepping through the links to get to the C352. Does anyone have a good link to the firmware?

JustManuals
03-28-2014, 08:19 PM
I have this firmware but it isn't free. If you're interested in buying it, email me at paul@Justmanuals.com

Synaux
03-29-2014, 05:46 AM
Just purchased a used C352 and the only issue is the utility button. Everything works fine except when I push the utility button to get into tech mode, everything freezes and I have to do a hard start. Tried everything I know and nothing works. I believe my next step is to update the firmware. My problem, what compact flash will fit the C352? Any help would be appreciated. I'm not a copier technician but have manuals and a lot of experience with repairing my other Konica copiers (C252 x 2, Di3510, C350) and I'm computer knowledgeable. :rolleyes:

SanDisk shoot and store 128mb works, but make sure it's the shoot and store version!

I am on my phone and cannot seem to upload attachments right now. Transcend 128mb is actually the card for KM's part number if I am not mistaken.

Let me know if you cannot find one. I can possibly sell one to you (but it would be cheaper from eBay or amazon : )

jimineddy
03-31-2014, 10:53 PM
Thanks for replying! I have the CF in hand and I'm trying to find a link to the firmware. Konica's website search shows none available?!? I don't mind paying for it just need to give it a shot before calling out a technician. Service calls are high because I'm in a rural area. :(

907tec
04-01-2014, 12:07 AM
Are you clicking the "Include Legacy Devices" box when searching for this firmware? Because I see 7 files listed in the C352 Base Firmware...

copier tech
04-01-2014, 09:16 AM
Here's the imaging tool kit from another thread on here

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/showthread.php/80188-Need-Firmware-Imaging-Toolkit-2006

jimineddy
04-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Thanks for replying. I went back to konica site and found the check legacy box, checked it and still didn't find any firmware. What shows up are:
Documents
Drivers
Drivers Universal-Printer
MSDS
SAP Device Type
Technical Documents
Utilities

Most of these files are just .pdf files. This is the link I am accessing: http://onyxweb.mykonicaminolta.com/OneStopProductSupport?appMode=Public

Please let me know if I am in the wrong place. Whew! Thanks!

907tec
04-01-2014, 10:00 PM
Are you an end user? The firmware is only available to current Konica Minolta technicians. If you aren't logged in as such, it won't show any firmware.

rbridges
12-24-2014, 01:22 PM
Hi,

I know this is an old thread but hopefully someone is still around to help.

I have a Konica Minolta C352 and I've set the network settings incorrectly (dhcp off, auto-ip off) and now the network settings tab has disappeared. The machine doesn't show up on the lan switches config and can not be pinged. I've tried creating a nic recovery card but every time using 3 different cards it always says invalid card. Can anyone recommend a card that is 100% compatible or even sell me one.

Also the nic recovery card firmware file I have is named 9J06-F000-Gcn-G4-000.EXE and contains rein2 firmware, does this sound right? Using a hex editor on a created nic recovery card, it appears to occupy the first 2 sectors and maybe a bunch of sectors latter on the drive.

From Rob

copier tech
12-24-2014, 01:37 PM
After you turn off DHCP restart the mfd, it can take a few minutes for the network options to reappear.

rbridges
12-26-2014, 12:27 PM
Forgot to mention that I've removed the Fiery IC-406 and have plugged the network cable directly into the copier. I've left it more than long enough but the network tab doesn't reappear. Have tried ARP and PING but the networks switch doesn't see the copier.

Does anyone know if a Sandisk Ultra 2 256mb compact flash card works or a Sandisk Shoot & Store 128mb compact flash card?

serginho_vl
12-26-2014, 07:03 PM
When you switch from Fiery to Emperon you need to "tell" that to the copier. Set image controller to "controller o"

rbridges
12-31-2014, 02:08 PM
When you switch from Fiery to Emperon you need to "tell" that to the copier. Set image controller to "controller o"

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Sadly the image controller settings option in service mode is not there. I removed the fiery due to its linux install hanging on decompressing linux. Do you think the option should be there regardless or do you think the fiery needs to be present?

I've read the security operations manual and discovered the overwrite all data function in HDD settings. It not only securely wipes all data from the hard drive but resets all currently stored network settings. Ideal for when you sell the copier on or its at the end of its lease. My copier doesn't currently have a hard drive fitted, do you think its worth fitting one and trying this function?

Thanks Rob.

rbridges
01-03-2015, 09:06 PM
Hi,

** Problem Solved **

To anyone missing the network settings tab in administrator settings and also the image controller tab in service mode the solution that solved it for me was ARP and PING. Immediately after the successful ping the missing menu tabs reappeared and I successfully managed to print a test page.

copier tech
01-04-2015, 11:52 AM
What is "ARP" ?

wseyller
01-04-2015, 05:27 PM
What is "ARP" ?
Address resolution protocol. It basically allows a device to send a broadcast message out to other devices on the network to see if a particular IP address belongs to them. If not that device ignores the request. If so the device replies back with its Mac address to original device that sent out an ARP request. The original device will then send encapsulated packets to the Mac address.

Custom Search