PDA

View Full Version : c0040 di 620

Custom Search

cristian
03-25-2014, 10:13 PM
I have a client with 2 DI 620 , both with the same code 0040. The fans that we are speaking , were disconnected (white wire cut- small speed measured). The machines, both of them were working like this for a couple of years. I have cleaned whole the machines, the vacuum filters, and cheked the left back sensor. I have replaced the PWA boards at both of them .Both machines are showing C0040, but one of them at the start ask for toner and enter in C0040, the second one enter OK in the copy mode, then enter in C0040 when i give him a copy.Both of them enter in this code when i give the toner replenisher.
Has anyone has this problem before ?

copier addict
03-25-2014, 11:04 PM
Have you tried replacing the fans?

cristian
03-25-2014, 11:10 PM
nice...but i will try

cristian
03-25-2014, 11:15 PM
i have reconnect one of them, and it s working.I wonder for how long...And i do not understand the logic.

cristian
03-26-2014, 01:39 AM
One copier is OK, after the replacement of the fan, but the other, yeah, it tooks 30 copies and the code comes back... The fan is working, and i suppose it is something with the toner supply wrong....

copier addict
03-26-2014, 01:50 AM
If it constantly is saying "please add toner", check the back cover. There is a sensor on the back at the bottom that needs to be blocked.

Hansoon
03-26-2014, 06:51 AM
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/showthread.php/54767-Workaround-for-failing-fans-here-fan-M17-of-Minolta-Di-450?highlight=workaround

This is an old ailment. Fanspeed seems to be much OK but the speed sensing circuit itself is likely faulty. I'm using this method since very long on our Minolta's and recently also on the KonicaMinolta Bizhubs. You just have to figure out yourself in the wiring diagram which wires are concerned. Until now, with our fans, it was always the yellow one.

Workaround for failing fans..., ...here fan M17 of Minolta Di-450

Since I believe that basically these fans are working but only the speed sensing circuit is not functioning well, here's a workaround when you are in a hurry and need to get the machine up quickly again or also as a semi-permanent solution.

I tapped the speed sensor signal coming from the Power Unit fan (Yellow wire) and connected it to the PJ13-UpperLayer-Pin1 on the PWB-A instead of the original Grey wire coming from the speed sensor of fan M17

Here are the pictures from the experimental setup showing a wire coming from PJ13-UpperLayer-Pin1 going to the pin of the yellow wire from the connector of the power unit fan. I think any fan in the machine can be used but his one was easiest to reach.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/153/m17mod.jpg[/URL]

I'm sure in the field you will route the wire more professional as I did here......and yes, normally harddrives should not be mounted this way but its my experimental machine as I mentioned before........

Hans

cristian
03-26-2014, 12:39 PM
It didn t say "please add toner", it s just a simple observation, that the machines show C0040 when the toner replenisher is activated.Also there is a substantial amount of developer on the drum, thing who proves that the mixture developer- toner is not OK, even i have give F8 and F5 and the result ATDC is arround 5.5. I am almost convinced that is a connection between the quantity of toner in developer, the lower corotron and the ATDC value, and the c0040 is not due to the misfunction of the fan. Also as observation , both machines worked with the white wire fan cutted, durring the last two- three years, and the owner says when he has an C0040 he fix the problem adding manually extra toner, or moving up a little bit the plate upon the lower corotron. Also has changed the boards under the lower corotron but the code appear after a thousand copies again.Anyway even i have changed the fans, the code still appear randomly.

cristian
03-26-2014, 12:42 PM
Good ideea, the by pass. I will try it.

cristian
03-30-2014, 10:38 AM
What i don t understand, it is why the machines worked for two years without major problems related to this code, and suddenly, both of them are showing the same code, and refuse to get out from it...

Custom Search