PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 601 printing issue.

Custom Search

brent
03-26-2014, 06:50 PM
it is intermittent. but still. customer claims it is the printer.. and it always is.. but anyways
the 601 will be in a print mode. printing. then it stops. they claim they can't ping it or see it on the network
I go there and it is always generally wo rking. they say it is not any bad information being sent to the printer
they turn the machine off and on and it continues working. am I possibly looking at a bad print controller?
or printer control board? would love to hear some feedback on this. thanks
brent

JR2ALTA
03-26-2014, 07:13 PM
Bad prcb not unheard of. I'd eliminate all peripherals like switches, shared drivers, maybe cat5 been wheeled over a few too many times. Also give a new ip address way down range and turn off all unused protocols like appletalk, smnp, etc

Synaux
03-26-2014, 08:50 PM
it is intermittent. but still. customer claims it is the printer.. and it always is.. but anyways
the 601 will be in a print mode. printing. then it stops. they claim they can't ping it or see it on the network
I go there and it is always generally wo rking. they say it is not any bad information being sent to the printer
they turn the machine off and on and it continues working. am I possibly looking at a bad print controller?
or printer control board? would love to hear some feedback on this. thanks
brent

Latest Firmware?
Might want to try the CF card restore before replacing any parts (other than some basic network troubleshooting).

JustManuals
03-26-2014, 09:10 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $14.77 and downloaded immediately from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Albonline
03-26-2014, 11:03 PM
try running wireshark on it, capture the offending packets and prove to user that its not the printer. over pinging the nick will cause it to lockup.

SmellsHot
03-31-2014, 11:26 AM
corrupt CF card gives the same symptoms your having....

Zackuth
03-31-2014, 01:55 PM
We had a simiar issue. The customer used DHCP to get the IP address and his network was supposed to pick the machine regardless of the address it got and print. We got the customer to finally put a static address in the machine and no longer have any issues.

Custom Search