PDA

View Full Version : Stop end of life software on C452 C451 with Fierys

Custom Search

Kenny
03-27-2014, 01:02 PM
Morning Afternoon evening depending were you are in the world !!!!!

I know you can put an update switch on the machines to stop the end of life message which ensures the machine continues working when the drums reach end of life, but when a Fiery is attached this doesn't work anyone know a way around ? without replacing chips ? mainly the black as the other colors we have a re-setter for ;)

Many thanks

Have a good one day

habik
03-27-2014, 04:58 PM
Morning Afternoon evening depending were you are in the world !!!!!

I know you can put an update switch on the machines to stop the end of life message which ensures the machine continues working when the drums reach end of life, but when a Fiery is attached this doesn't work anyone know a way around ? without replacing chips ? mainly the black as the other colors we have a re-setter for ;)

Many thanks

Have a good one day

You sure you have the right firmware for it and you did ALL of the switches? SW51,53 and SW55

How about NO STOP in Security Area of service mode?

JustManuals
03-27-2014, 07:26 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $14.77 and downloaded immediately from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Albonline
03-28-2014, 01:34 PM
also turn off snmp on the firey.

Synaux
03-30-2014, 05:22 AM
also turn off snmp on the firey.

That might help, but I think it is on by default and I never had disable it for this.

My money is on the security setting.

It is my understanding that EFI is aware of this and possibly working on a patch; until a patch is released, you will never get rid of the EOL warning from the Fiery; however, it will still function normally.

TheOwl
03-31-2014, 02:10 AM
You will also notice that in Mac environments that machines with the stop life enabled still bring up the fact that something needs replacing in the print queue.

The only way to stop this is to turn off SNMP on the machines, but this then stops alot of other things from working such as auditing software and so on.

Custom Search