PDA

View Full Version : Toner not fusing on envelopes--bypass tray only

Custom Search

richmods
03-30-2014, 02:53 PM
I have a NEC3640D that has an issue with toner not fusing on envelopes printed from the bypass tray. I have tried using different envelopes to eliminate paper type being an issue...also replaced fuser. What am I missing here...to me, it seems as if the fuser temp may be the issue? anyone seen this before? Thanks.

blackcat4866
03-30-2014, 03:42 PM
Are you selecting Envelope media type? If you don't have that choice then a Heavy Paper setting?

Remember envelopes are two layers, and in some places 3 layers of paper, so most machines elevate fusing temperature and/or slow down print speed when the proper media type is selected. =^..^=

richmods
03-30-2014, 03:52 PM
Are you selecting Envelope media type? If you don't have that choice then a Heavy Paper setting?

Remember envelopes are two layers, and in some places 3 layers of paper, so most machines elevate fusing temperature and/or slow down print speed when the proper media type is selected. =^..^=

yes, they are using the envelope selection.

blackcat4866
03-30-2014, 04:05 PM
The Envelope paper size selection, or the Envelope media type? On some machines they are two very different separate things. =^..^=

richmods
03-31-2014, 09:47 PM

I am selecting envelope under paper settings where you can select the bypass tray and then customize settings. I am guessing this isn't where you select media type?

blackcat4866
04-01-2014, 12:34 AM
If I were you I would open my Operators Guide, and look up how to set "media type" (aka "paper type"). =^..^=

slimslob
04-01-2014, 12:56 AM
I am a Ricoh tech so I not real familiar with Konica/Minolta. With the newer Ricohs there is a setting for paper weight/thickness in addition to type (normal, thin, thick 1, thick 2, thick 3, and thick 4). See if you have something similar and set for a higher thickness.

Synaux
04-01-2014, 02:04 AM
I have a NEC3640D that has an issue with toner not fusing on envelopes printed from the bypass tray. I have tried using different envelopes to eliminate paper type being an issue...also replaced fuser. What am I missing here...to me, it seems as if the fuser temp may be the issue? anyone seen this before? Thanks.

Does it fuse the toner correctly on normal think paper types?

richmods
04-01-2014, 02:45 AM
Does it fuse the toner correctly on normal think paper types?

Yes, it fuses properly from every other tray as well as other paper types. The problem seems to occur just in the bypass tray.

Iowatech
04-01-2014, 03:03 AM
Another Ricoh tech (I've only worked on analog Konica equipment), so take this with a grain of salt and I apologize if this is a waste of time.
But most of the printers that I've seen from any manufacturer get the paper specs from the print driver, as the driver settings normally override the settings on the machine. You might check there.
Are you using OEM toner? If not, that can cause fusing problems, too.

Custom Search