PDA

View Full Version : C224e Skew

Custom Search

jwrycza
04-01-2014, 12:18 AM
I have a major skew problem with a brand new machine. Every possible mechanical and electronic adjustment has been performed to no avail. I am going to replace all of the feed, pickup and sep rollers and clutches to see if that helps but, I am not convinced. It is a scan issue as copies and scans off the glass are just fine. I have 4+ hours into adjustments. Someone must know something. Konica support is as lost as me.

907tec
04-01-2014, 12:41 AM
You could start with a proper description of the problem you are experiencing.

stevena86
04-01-2014, 02:01 AM
I assume it's an adf issue then?

There is a screw the holds down the adf on the right side (facing you) that if you loosen, you can swivel the adf forwards and backwards to adjust for skew in your images.

Besides that, like 907tec said, need more information than what was given.

Synaux
04-01-2014, 02:29 AM
It is a scan issue as copies and scans off the glass are just fine.

Eh?
Did you mean to say it is NOT a scan issue? If so, are you telling us that it is only skewing on prints including internal prints??

If not, the scanning assembly might have been bumped in shipping and needs some luvin.

How bad is the skew? Upload a scan/photo.

What about jams, if it is a paper path issue you probably will get some jams and/or wrinkled paper.

Hansoon
04-01-2014, 04:18 AM
I am going to replace all of the feed, pickup and sep rollers and clutches

Not in my wildest nightmares do I believe that they are going to have any influence on a skew issue with the ADF of a brand new machine.......

You just as well may use the Ear Candling Therapy of the Hopi Tribe for this.

Hans

EarthKmTech
04-01-2014, 09:01 AM
random intermittent skewing through the document feeder is a standard feature in scan mode on the DF-701 style document feeders. It wont do it in copy mode as it runs slower.

good luck fixing that, the best fix is rolling the machine out the door and putting a c360 series in its place.

Gift
04-01-2014, 09:06 AM
Brand new machine with major skewing issue - perhaps a transport damage (scanner frame/something else twisted). I wouldn't put too much effort if you can claim a DOA case.

To eliminate slight skewing I usually recommend to scan SEF as the paper (especially z-folded stuff) is guided better that way.

Custom Search