PDA

View Full Version : CQ C451 Leaking Dev

Custom Search

copier tech
04-01-2014, 08:36 AM
I have a C451 that has been leaking tons of developer, I have replaced 3x K IU's & all doing the same.

I have recently found a bulletin for this, a plate that fixes the K IU firmly into the machine. (A00JP331 00)

My question is has anyone else had this fault & does this simple fix sort out this annoying issue????? leaking dev/toner is making a complete mess in the machine, leaking into cassettes & causing jams etc etc!!

Zeldaman
04-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Hi there!
Throwing dev is a common issue on these machines. The metal-part is not bad but exist only for the black pcdu. Better way to solve this problem: in cass.1 there are spare cleaning-pads for cleaning the ph-glasses. Take one and cut it in 8 pieces and put them on the black sponge-pieces of the blue levers, holding the pcdu in place. After this "modification" (made on all 451īs in the field) there were no more problems with spilling dev. Hope this helps.
Greetings...

copier tech
04-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Hi,

Excellent tip, thank you, I did actually make my own pads up out of some foam tape I had, but those cleaning pads are ideal!

Many thanks.

imihm
04-01-2014, 12:03 PM
I have a C451 that has been leaking tons of developer, I have replaced 3x K IU's & all doing the same.

I have recently found a bulletin for this, a plate that fixes the K IU firmly into the machine. (A00JP331 00)

My question is has anyone else had this fault & does this simple fix sort out this annoying issue????? leaking dev/toner is making a complete mess in the machine, leaking into cassettes & causing jams etc etc!!

HELLO EVERY one

we are installing this model with finisher 527 and having continuous paper jam at the bridge unit any ideas please ....

imihm
04-01-2014, 12:05 PM

HELLO EVERY one

we are installing this model with finisher 527 and having continuous paper jam at the bridge unit enternance any ideas please ....

copier tech
04-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Start a new thread dude you'll have more luck

Custom Search