PDA

View Full Version : Konica C451 Shadow print (attached image)

Custom Search

Lasersupplies
04-01-2014, 09:14 AM
Hi,

i have a konica C451 in a school that has recently started playing up when printing. All mono prints are showing a shadow print below the text. I have changed the black imaging unit, Transfer belt and fuser but still the error occurs. Has anyone come across this before and if so do they have a fix? I have attached an image of what the printouts look like. I am hoping the techs on the forum can assist me as i can think of nothing else and the school is constantly on the phone.

Thanks Guys

Zeldaman
04-01-2014, 09:30 AM
Hi there!
Had this problem on 4 machines, running on high volume and "crap"-paper. After changing the paper-transfer-roller it was gone.
Greetings...

minimerlin
04-01-2014, 07:36 PM
Hi,
Have you access to the Infohub? There is a complete trouble-shooting aid booklet for the C451 on there which includes the fix for that fault. You need an additional sheet attached to the 2nd transfer metal guide plate, the one above the transfer roller. Or just stick some insulating tape onto it as an interim fix and turn up the second transfer voltage. The fault is caused by toner being pulled across the paper by thetransfer guide plate static not discharging! If you need the part number of the guide sheet let me know and I will dig it out for you. This is a very well known fault and if you search on this forum the number for the guide is here somewhere.

EarthKmTech
04-01-2014, 08:15 PM
This issue has been around since these machines were first released. This is not new. Even when you buy the replacement right side door it comes inclusive of the modification sheet installed as standard.

Having said that, the sheet does actually ware out and need to be replaced when its worn out, If the tips are gone its no longer doing its job.

Synaux
04-06-2014, 05:18 AM
Wheni first learned about this issue I tried electrical tape for a quick fix and it didn't work.
However, simple label material worked very well, but I was concerned about the heat peeling it off and getting sucked into the fuser or tranf belt, etc

Precision roller has it for something like 10.00...

copier tech
04-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Can someone post a picture of this fitted in the machine of possible please!?

Synaux
04-07-2014, 01:06 AM
Can someone post a picture of this fitted in the machine of possible please!?
Guide Sheet A00H703400 (http://www.precisionroller.com/a00h703400-for-konica-minolta/details_pn_61000.html) http://www.precisionroller.com/search.php?q=a00h703400+&x=0&y=0

Custom Search