PDA

View Full Version : Oce products

Custom Search

Techead42
03-31-2008, 12:36 AM
I'm coming back into the industry after about a six month hiatus as help desk/tech support (the desk job drove me insane) and have been hired to work on Oce products...I've worked on Toshiba, Sharp, Canon, Ricoh/Savin/Gestetner, Konica-Minolta, but never Oce...any thoughts on this line? How are they to service? How well do they stand up under normal customer wear and tear? (Read: abuse).

iMind
03-31-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm coming back into the industry after about a six month hiatus as help desk/tech support (the desk job drove me insane) and have been hired to work on Oce products...I've worked on Toshiba, Sharp, Canon, Ricoh/Savin/Gestetner, Konica-Minolta, but never Oce...any thoughts on this line? How are they to service? How well do they stand up under normal customer wear and tear? (Read: abuse). In my point of view it´s a very bad machine, but who am I to judge.

xcopytech
03-31-2008, 04:21 PM
which oce machines?
For low and mid volume machine, oce buy license from some other brands (canon ..).
For high volume machine, oce have it`s own machine, which are very good. (talking about varioprint series).
varioprint 3110 can make about 1.000.000 prints between PM.

NotByChoice
04-01-2008, 05:18 PM
We have a high end Oce large format printer/plotter and it runs great. We also have a low end large format that's terrible. Constantly complains about needing parts replaced, very slow and unreliable.

DocF
04-06-2008, 01:51 AM
Oce high volume narrow format stuff is built by them and is tank-like. Very reliable, expensive boxes. The b&w wide format stuff is very good,probably the best in the industry. The wide format color leave much to be desired.

Doc

caesarkidd
05-14-2008, 04:38 AM
i'm an ex oce technician for wide format in Indonesia...what i can say is oce wide format is good enough to compete with the other brand. but it's only for the b&w product. for narror format, not much i can say. but in indonesia the problems are often come from the narrow format machines (especially in 3165 and CPS900)

leo
06-06-2008, 08:20 AM
I service oce in a part of norway, all models. i think that oce make very good machines but there are "downs" like TCS 400
oce have monicaminolta-brand for colormachines CS230, 231 and so on
we have also konicaminolta service

redime
08-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Could be mistaken, but most Oce products (at least here in the United States) are simply rebadged machines from Muratec, Konica Minolta etc. Same boxes, they just have their own badge on it.

turkeyfoot
10-28-2008, 01:40 AM
Oce's distinction is copy press. Not exactly a xerographic process. Paper goes into a pinch where latent image is transferred to paper. Embeds the toner well.
Oce low volume products are giving it up to the other brands of the world. Every year I worked there more were taken out of the field than sold. The Imagistics division sells Konica/Minolta rebadged as Oce. For the time being they also sell/service Toshiba. The real Oce low volume is a tank and sells for a substantial $'s more than its counterparts. Thats the story on Oce low volume. High volume is very good to excellent. Maybe some bias but I have worked on Canon, Tosh etc. I worked on the 6000 VP, fastest duplexing copier/printer in the world. 120 pages a minute duplexed. Ive also worked on the Vp5000. Excellent high speed printer. My account ran 3 mil a month on 3 machines. Then there are the commercial printers. Roll fed, 1180 images a minute 3 up on 2 sides.
Oce has 4 levels of techs. Level 1 is really Imagistics. You probably wont work on any true Oce machines depending on your geographic area. Level 3 is wide format. Lev 4 is all high volume and a 24/7 enviornment. I was compensated well last year, approx 65 k but got burnt out.
Good luck with Oce....the best job I ever had.

Mike Harden
01-15-2009, 08:21 PM
I worked for Oce for 5 years as Senior Digital Field Engineer the job was great the equipment made by Oce was great the documentation and follow up was as good if not better than any other manufacture I have ever worked for. They are ISO9000 and they keep to it. Down side upper management layer them selfs from each other easy to pass the buck and you catch no hell. They the management will tell you the truth if you know whats going on other wise your on your own even in down sizing. Good luck help desk guys and team at Oce' (guys like Gary) are number one go for it.

CopierTechofOmens
01-15-2009, 09:18 PM
The Im-4510,4511 are half breed sharps. They use a mixture of AR-M450 and M455 maintenance items

Papo
01-16-2009, 12:51 AM
[quote=Techead42;24064]I'm coming back into the industry after about a six month hiatus as help desk/tech support (the desk job drove me insane) and have been hired to work on Oce products...I've worked on Toshiba, Sharp, Canon, Ricoh/Savin/Gestetner, Konica-Minolta, but never Oce...any thoughts on this line? How are they to service? How well do they stand up under normal customer wear and tear? (Read: abuse)

The original Oce machines are made in Sweden I believe very truck,digger,rugged and not like any Japanese models.

Feeders and paper trays and some paper paths are very much like Xerox High Volume Units made in the early 90,s Highly reliable
Xerografics are a mind flipper Uses transfer belt technology but works fine
Get ready for some heavy lifting to remove some of the vital units and some service intensive Maintnance but the pay-off is in reliability.

Now Some of the Lower volume Copiers are Japanese Models with the Oce Labels.

Good Luck!!!

dcopylady
02-13-2009, 10:24 PM
OCE bought Imagistics who 'became' itself from spinning off the office systems side of Pitney Bowes. OCE in is a wide format company. Now it has a presence in the copier market with the purchase of Imagistics. Imagistics and Pitney Bowes used major companies (Panasonic, Ricoh, Minolta, Konica/Minolta, Sharp, Brother etc...) to produce copier/fax equipment under their brand. They are moving toward only using one source for their copiers. OCE home is Netherlands. They manufacture their own wide format machines supplies and service parts. Read their history at oce.com - they have been around almost since the beginning! Their copiers are brand name boxes from various manufacturers, some good, some bad (who's your favorite?) Just can't say if the wide format stuff is any good, but they are a global company with a long history. :rolleyes:You decide!

pd4fdn
06-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Hello,

I work for Océ for about 8 years in the Netherlands.
Great company, with a wide range of products (color and B/W).

Océ H.Q. is in Venlo (also the Netherlands).
And Océ builds unique products, copy press, and DIP-Drum technologie which can be found in the CPS products, and its OZON free! (it uses no corona units / High voltages)

We dont sell canon products anymore for a long time :)

Greetings from the Netherlands!

HASSAN
08-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Help me to found service manual OCe 9400/TDS400

ExOceMan
10-06-2009, 05:56 PM
CPS900 = Pathetic!

ExOceMan
10-06-2009, 05:58 PM
[QUOTE=pd4fdn;81447]Hello,

I work for Océ for about 8 years in the Netherlands.
Great company, with a wide range of products (color and B/W).

Océ H.Q. is in Venlo (also the Netherlands).
And Océ builds unique products, copy press, and DIP-Drum technologie which can be found in the CPS products, and its OZON free! (it uses no corona units / High voltages)

We dont sell canon products anymore for a long time :)

Greetings from the Netherlands!

I evny this guy OCEUSA is nothing like Oce BV. They treat technicians like real people there.

Mike Harden
10-06-2009, 07:45 PM
I worked for OCE as well as almost every product manufacture out there. I have been in the industry for over 40 years and although I have nothing negative about any of my prior employers OCE was by far the best in customer support and what they did for their employees. Yes there is always someone who did not have the time of their life but the product was good because the support was good and the support was good because it paid to resolve problems and have good customer satisfaction.
Even though I did not always see eye to eye with the service managers they did foster a team effort all the way to the top including HDQ and high up. If you are working for OCE now and you give it half a chance you will see there are more opportunities than just the field as a technician. Wages are good benifits are good and most of all to get the job you have to be good in many areas not just techincal. As to all of the equipment they have machines you have not even seen in the field yet like a dry toner 6 color small format, they hold and lead the industry world wide with 55% market share and to me he would leads makes the rules they just needed more distrubution and sales staff. Just like the big X is doing now buying up companies like Global get use to it the world keeps getting smaller and fewer companies to work for.

kingpd@businessprints.net
12-05-2011, 08:24 AM
I wonder how the culture at Oce will change now with Canon...or maybe it won't. It sounds like Oce, especially over in europe was a great place to work. It seems like a lot of European countries are good to work for.

Custom Search