PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Bizhub 501 with Fax FK-502 installed not recognizing the fax.

Custom Search

RogerdESI
04-03-2014, 04:07 PM
I installed a FK-502 fax kit on a Bizhub 501 and it shows it as installed in service mode but there are no other fax tabs in service mode. When I exit out and try to select Fax with the Fax/Scan key, there's no fax function available. I thought this would be plug and play and I could not find any install instructions for the fax. I am getting blinking lights on the fax board. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

emujo
04-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Service mode/system 2/option board status/fax installed.
After installed, check marketing area for fax, should be your location (US, EU etc)
If the fax tab is not showing up in the 1st service mode screen, check your fax firmware version in the firmware list. If nothing is displayed, try reloading firmware. Also, the fax firmware (if showing up) may not be compatible with the MFP level (I have seen this when putting a new fax into a MFP that is at a very old firmware version)

Admin mode can be used to prohibit fax usage if you are using any form of authentication. Emujo

RogerdESI
04-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Tried the firmware, but the the fax board doesn't show up as an option to upgrade. Tried installing another fax kit, same issue.

emujo
04-03-2014, 07:05 PM
This may be a dumb question, but did you remove the little rubber moisture barrier before you mounted the fax? Emujo

RogerdESI
04-03-2014, 08:04 PM
Yes, that was removed. I'm thinking it's the controller board since neither fax kit is being recognized.

emujo
04-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Are you trying to put the dual fax option, or just a single fax. There was a problem with the dual line mount kit that caused some issues. Normally, if you try to install the fax and it has an issue, a CB003 error (or close to it) would be generated. So you can install the fax (electrically) and no error codes? Emujo

RogerdESI
04-03-2014, 08:54 PM
Single line fax. The LEDs on the board light up and blink. No error codes, but the FAX Setting List can be printed from Service Mode. Strange.

Custom Search