PDA

View Full Version : Canon IR 6000 Scanner issues with doc fdr and 17" copy

Custom Search

Desert Rat
04-03-2014, 08:06 PM
When using the doc fdr the lower portion of the page (toward the front of copier) is darker than the top.
I did run the CCD adjust from the function menu and then ran the SH-PS-ST. The SH-PS-ST ended with N/G.
This has been an on going problem for a while. Now when a 17" page is copied the trail end of the page
has a light band about 3" or so from the trail edge.
I don't have many scanner problems so I am at a loss for what to do, I'm looking for some guidance.

The back side of the platen is clean, the reflectors and lamp are clean. I could not detect any difference
in the lamp as it traveled the length of the 17" paper.

Prints from the service mode look normal. I did at one time take the cover off of the lens but that did not
help.

Any advice would be welcome

Thanks

DR

teckat
04-03-2014, 08:40 PM
When using the doc fdr the lower portion of the page (toward the front of copier) is darker than the top.
I did run the CCD adjust from the function menu and then ran the SH-PS-ST. The SH-PS-ST ended with N/G.
This has been an on going problem for a while. Now when a 17" page is copied the trail end of the page
has a light band about 3" or so from the trail edge.
I don't have many scanner problems so I am at a loss for what to do, I'm looking for some guidance.

The back side of the platen is clean, the reflectors and lamp are clean. I could not detect any difference
in the lamp as it traveled the length of the 17" paper.

Prints from the service mode look normal. I did at one time take the cover off of the lens but that did not
help.

Any advice would be welcome

Thanks

DR

=-==============================;

check for a slightly Bent Reflector by LA2 (SLIGHT TWIST) Or Fingerprint (oil mark) on LAMP
remove the Scanning Lamp2 & check No. 1 Mirror / check Mirror #2 & 3 with a small flashlight

ARUN MISHRA
04-04-2014, 06:40 AM
check for mirror 2-3 base for height adjustment hex screw ( keyboard side) for loosening.....and check the reflector for both side gap is equal from lamp .....

spectraindo
04-04-2014, 08:32 AM
The CCD adjustment for the Doc Feeder is EGGN-POS with the Doc Feeder opened,
before making this adjustment you must first do CCD-ADJ (put a couple of white paper on the Large Reading glass and execute).
When using the Doc Feeder the Exposure lamp stops below the Narrow Reading Glass.
There is a white plastic strip on the Rear side of Reading Glass, is it still there ?

Desert Rat
04-04-2014, 05:51 PM
Thank you for the overnight reply,

Teckat, I am usually careful not leave marks on the lamps or mirrors, but ya never know
what gets left behind when in a hurry. I will check these items soon.

Arun Mishra, I may have moved one of those reflector without knowing it, so I will check
the reflectors and screws on the mirrors. I do recall at one time having cleaned a mirror
and moving it just a shade. With the distance involved a little change could make the
difference.

Spectraindo, I do believe that the small white patch for the doc feeder is still there,
but will verify. I also re-read the adjustments and I was suppose to do the SH-PS-ST
adjustment before the CCD adjust. I will follow the sequence more closely on my next visit.

Thank you for all the help

DR

Custom Search