PDA

View Full Version : AFLAC laptops

Custom Search

monstott2010
04-04-2014, 03:18 PM
ANYONE have any experience setting up scan to PC on laptops from AFLAC, using SMB (CS-3050)? I have a customer that had it set up, but they have been forced to update to Windows7 laptops with new encryption software that seems to have something blocking the SMB access. They also have a third party email provider "HUSH MAIL" we were unable to get past authentication on their servers. As a temp fix, they are scanning to the document box on the MFP and pulling the files to the laptop via the command center but they would like a more direct option. Advice appreciated!

Santander
04-25-2014, 03:53 AM
Windows7 by default blocks port 139 which is the default for SMB scanning. Change it to port 445 under scanning and change any users you have already setup to use 445. If they are using the Windows firewall, make sure that the firewall rules for SMB file sharing are set to enable for both inbound and out bound, by default these are not enabled. Depending on whether the users are on a domain or a private network you will have to allow for each individually. If they have a third party firewall such as Symantec you will have to allow SMB through that.

darry1322
04-25-2014, 12:44 PM
ANYONE have any experience setting up scan to PC on laptops from AFLAC, using SMB (CS-3050)? I have a customer that had it set up, but they have been forced to update to Windows7 laptops with new encryption software that seems to have something blocking the SMB access. They also have a third party email provider "HUSH MAIL" we were unable to get past authentication on their servers. As a temp fix, they are scanning to the document box on the MFP and pulling the files to the laptop via the command center but they would like a more direct option. Advice appreciated!

I've had one customer using the AFLAC laptop. Since AFLAC has the security so locked down, I don't try anything which alters any security settings they have in place. I informed my customer of the limitation and told them they would need to dicuss the issue with AFLAC. Haven't heard back.

monstott2010
04-26-2014, 06:41 AM
Windows7 by default blocks port 139 which is the default for SMB scanning. Change it to port 445 under scanning and change any users you have already setup to use 445. If they are using the Windows firewall, make sure that the firewall rules for SMB file sharing are set to enable for both inbound and out bound, by default these are not enabled. Depending on whether the users are on a domain or a private network you will have to allow for each individually. If they have a third party firewall such as Symantec you will have to allow SMB through that.
thanks for the reply..... unfortunately, i've already tried all the typical setups...... i have set up MANY scan to pc using differnt operating systems and none of the typical settings work....

Custom Search