PDA

View Full Version : CQ C550 background issue. Has all the correctives in place..

Custom Search

CompyTech
04-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Have a c550 developed a background on print outs. Cleaned IU cavity and PH window, replaced the K IU and transferbelt. Cleaned the transferroller too.. Problem went away for a day then came back. The IU has the lockplate installed in place. I can't understand why it's still backgrounding, and looks to be spilling dev in a small pile in back of the machine. I have done background voltage margin adjustment - this corrected the problem for a day & half. Tried transfer fine adjustment to no avail.

Am I looking at a grounding problem? HV problem? Any Ideas?:confused:

Thanks.

Albonline
04-08-2014, 04:32 PM
try Replacing the xfer roller.

emujo
04-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Don't think replacing the X-fer roller will help with developer spill. From my experience, you have an HVT problem. Emujo

CompyTech
04-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Don't think replacing the X-fer roller will help with developer spill. From my experience, you have an HVT problem. Emujo

Thanks,

My guts telling me it's an HV1 issue. I'm going out on site today, probably see what SSD says. The problem I have is it's a print shop with no service agreement(tell me about it). And I don't have another HV1 to swap out with. :/

emujo
04-08-2014, 05:33 PM
You may want to really look at the bulletins before you go, one of them deals with the developer leakage issue, and recommends replacing the HVT, and all IUs as a fix. Very expensive w/o a contract. Emujo

CompyTech
04-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Wow that would be expensive! I could not find that bulletin, ended up calling SSD, they recommened the HV1. It's not a super expensive part so I'll go from there. :cool:

Thanks

CompyTech
04-15-2014, 12:56 PM
Ended up replacing the HV 1 and put in a new black IU, back at the shop. All seems to be OK now. We'll see..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Custom Search