PDA

View Full Version : Km cf3102 controller detail screen missing

Custom Search

CWA7500
04-08-2014, 07:47 PM
We were given this copier and are trying to get it connected to the network. When trying to change the IP address starting at the Utility button, there is no icon for CONTROLLER DETAIL. Everything is plugged in and turned on. The cables all appear to be connected in the right spots. All power buttons are turned on (2). Any help. At the right side back, where the efi is located... there are 2 green lights - left is on, right is blinking. Looks like 2 lights below that, only the left one is on.

The previous owner is telling me they thought they used ip address 169.254.77.71. I cannot ping to that from explorer.

PLEASE HELP OR SUGGESTIONS.

Thanks
JD - CWA7500

mrwho
04-09-2014, 10:01 AM
usually the controller has a separate power button. Look for it.

Also, what kind of controller comes with it? The small computer that sticks to the back of the machine, or a big computer case that sits next to it?

CWA7500
04-09-2014, 04:50 PM
There is a small box attached to the back and it is turned on. (I assume this is the fiery.) The top two lights are on and green... one blinks.
There are also 2 lights below that, about an inch or so, one is on, the other is not (but when you power on, the unlit one blinks yellow for short spurt). Everything else appears to work fine.

I am not at the office right now, but will be beside the machine this afternoon.

Thank you for your help.
JD
CWA7500

tech51
04-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Sounds like the Fiery may need reloading. It might be an idea to take a photo of it so we can make sure it's connected correctly.

CWA7500
04-09-2014, 06:50 PM
I will take a photo and post as soon as possible.

Thanks again.
JD

CWA7500
04-09-2014, 09:19 PM
2471824719\
Here are 2 photos... not sure why they are sideways.
Hopefully you can see what you need to see.
Let me know if you want me to download or text any other photos.

I have the necessary drivers.
thanks
JD

mrwho
04-10-2014, 08:18 AM
Well, it all appears to be correctly connected and turned on. As tech51 said, you might need to reload the system onto the Fiery. This is a long shot, but do you perchance have any CDs labeled "System Software" on you?

If not, you can either contact KM support or any other local tech who has access to that software.

To my fellow techs, is this the machine the equivalent to the Konica 7920/7915?

CWA7500
04-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Unfortunately we do not have "System Software" cd.
I will check with KM support.
I have a retired KM tech coming tomorrow, but I thought
he said he no longer has access to KM.

Thanks for your help.

copyman
04-13-2014, 02:19 PM
yep, sounds like it needs the system software re-loaded into fiery. I may have the disk and instructions somewhere. email me if you still need it.

Synaux
04-14-2014, 06:40 AM
We were given this copier and are trying to get it connected to the network. When trying to change the IP address starting at the Utility button, there is no icon for CONTROLLER DETAIL. Everything is plugged in and turned on. The cables all appear to be connected in the right spots. All power buttons are turned on (2). Any help. At the right side back, where the efi is located... there are 2 green lights - left is on, right is blinking. Looks like 2 lights below that, only the left one is on.

The previous owner is telling me they thought they used ip address 169.254.77.71. I cannot ping to that from explorer.

PLEASE HELP OR SUGGESTIONS.

Thanks
JD - CWA7500

There is a FW for this when using AppleTalk.

Also there are two bulletins that discuss the option not being available in the form of an Update (SOLUTION ID: 4008403: bulletins 4293 & 4381). Therefore, rewriting the source code would most likely be a waste of time.

Furthermore, an IP address starting with 169 an easy way to find out that the IP was un-resolvable. Even if you get the controller working, I would not rule out a possible network configuration issue.

Regardless, first get into Service Mode and ensure that the Controller is set to Type 2.

In my experience, when menus start disappearing I tend to think MFP Firmware first (...or CF card where relevant). I would try the update first, then MFP firmware, then the OS for the Fiery.

This boat anchor is so old that I cannot find the service manual from KM only the part manual. Google helped me out...it looks like it is an x3e, but when I go to KM SSD there is nothing for x3e for the cf3102 (only 7832.97915,7920,cf1501,cf2001,cf2001p,8020, and 8031). In short, figure out what controller you have--I am still unsure...

My opinion: Hire someone with access to KM's resources--there are far too many things that could be the issue (e.g., OS for the Fiery, MFP FW, MFP updated FW, updates for Fiery) that can render your project nearly impossible to do in any expedient manner without those resources.

Time is money, right?

To my fellow techs, is this the machine the equivalent to the Konica 7920/7915?

It looks exactly like an 8031 to me...then again so does the 7920....Toner compatibility:
Konica Minolta 8020/8031, Konica Minolta CF2002/CF3102, Imagistics CM2020, Imagistics CM3120, Kyocera Mita KM-C2030/KM-C3130, Oce CS170/CS220

However, according to Precision Roller the IUs are only compatible with the cf3102/cf2002 and the controller as I discussed earlier might be compatible.

copyman
04-14-2014, 12:07 PM
When I used to work on a lot of these it was always sys software had to be re-loaded when the icon disappeared. Or a few times had to install a new HDD then sys software. I have the X3e service manual if you need it.

Believe it or not this old model still has better color quality then the new machines.

CWA7500
04-23-2014, 11:03 PM
Sorry I have not responded sooner as I have been away. I am not sure how to get into the service mode. I can get into Tech Rep Mode, Security Mode and Utility Mode, but do not find the Controller option to set it to 2. I did get a copy of the software, but if I don't have to go thru this option, it would be great. I have looked in all the manuals to find out how to access service mode and do not find anything. The retired tech I had in here did not seem to know much about any of it.

If there is another Mode I need to access I please advise.

I have all the manuals on a cd and can email them to anyone if they would like. User Manual, Parts Manual, Service Manual, etc.

thanks
jd

copyman
04-24-2014, 12:01 AM
It is in the service mode, "system", "peripheral setting", set to "2"

peter42
04-24-2014, 08:11 PM
in most cases the fiery software is corrupt.
for the 3102e you need:
systemsoftware for the fiery
a notebook with sub-d centronics port, usb2contronics doesnt work.
a cable with sub-d connector and a mini-centronics connector, that fit into fiery,
these are sold with the machine or can be found as hp-centronics cable

the system for fiery has to be copied by cmd to the machine.
the system is splittet in 2 parts:
bootloader and system itself.

be aware of all that, i use an old w98 laptop only for these old machines.

good luck, peter

ps: the fiery doesnt accept any hd, if the hd is bad, try to find an matching one with same count of heads.

CWA7500
10-08-2014, 08:00 PM
FINALLY.....
I think we have everything we need to reinstall the fiery software.
We have the cd with the following information and put it on the Desktop
BOOT.EFI
SYSTEM.EFI
We have the cable and are connected to Windows XP machine.
We need specific instructions to copy to the machine by cmd.
It says: To open this files Windows needs to know what program created it.

Can you give us detailed instructions at this point?

As always, we really appreciate your help.

thanks
Jdavis

Custom Search