PDA

View Full Version : CQ C353 line on new transfer belt

Custom Search

acsolutions
04-09-2014, 04:23 AM
Hello, I got a callback today after replacing a transfer belt 2 weeks ago. It looks like something was under the belt and it cycled all around the belt, it is slightly raised. I did not see anything that could have have caused this problem. The secondary roller looks good, there were no transfer belt errors and I pulled all the I/U and saw no debris. The original transfer unit had ripped on the front side and worked it's way towards the back,because of no tension. the new belt problem is more towards the back, so they don't seem related. I pulled the cleaning assembly off and also found nothing. Basically I'm wondering what could have caused this, is it something I'm missing, the customer ran something through it or is there a defect on the new OEM unit! I replaced it 2 weeks ago and it has been fine up until the other day, if there was a defect or something wrong with the machine it should have happened right away. I am leaving a few samples to view. Thanks24701

mo0651
04-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Is there an actual groove on the belt? Looks like a sep finger groove, but I don't think there is 1 located there on this model. My other thought, which we have seen, Is a staple went thru there.:mad:

copier tech
04-12-2014, 09:39 AM
Yes there is a sep claw on this transfer belt, check this had not dug in, does the line match up to the position of the claw?

If not I would start by removing all the drums & belt & see if a staple has fallen in the machine, so that you can show the customer & bill the customer for accidental damage.

Before you fit the new belt give the machine a good vacuum just to be sure it's not still floating around!

decacazza
04-12-2014, 10:39 AM
have you tried to control the second transfer roller?

acsolutions
04-13-2014, 06:27 AM
Thanks for the response everybody. That groove is about 3 inches from the step claw. I pulled all the imaging units and check the secondary transfer roller to search for any debris which I did not find! It looks like something was under the belt, I pulled the belt an looked for anything that could cause that, and found nothing. I would like to blame the customer but I can't! I'm going to put a used one in next week so wish me luck! Any other suggestions would be great! Thanks

Synaux
04-14-2014, 04:50 AM
Thanks for the response everybody. That groove is about 3 inches from the step claw. I pulled all the imaging units and check the secondary transfer roller to search for any debris which I did not find! It looks like something was under the belt, I pulled the belt an looked for anything that could cause that, and found nothing. I would like to blame the customer but I can't! I'm going to put a used one in next week so wish me luck! Any other suggestions would be great! Thanks

Is the groove an indention from the outside? If not, I suppose it's possible that there was debris or something broken Under the belt, I would give it a good shake and look under the belt.

You might want to pull the print head as whatever it was may have fallen onto it...

Good luck

grimreeper
04-14-2014, 09:43 AM
Hi please send pics of transfer belt itself would like to physically see the line on belt but I would have to agree with the other guys check for those staples. Good luck:confused:

acsolutions
04-18-2014, 07:28 AM
have you tried to control the second transfer roller?
I'm not sure what you mean?

acsolutions
04-18-2014, 07:35 AM
Hi please send pics of transfer belt itself would like to physically see the line on belt but I would have to agree with the other guys check for those staples. Good luck:confused:
I was busy an had another install another transfer unit, they tossed it unfortunately, but they said it looked like something was under the belt because it was raised like I had mentioned. It's been a few days so I guess we'll see! I will let you all know if any changes happen! Thanks

EarthKmTech
04-18-2014, 08:49 AM
I've had this before on other machines, like the c360 series where it looks like something pressed out a continuous line from the inside of the belt, not even near the claw(s) - i never saw any evidence of foul play either! Still remains a mystery.

Custom Search