PDA

View Full Version : I need Help.....

Custom Search

THE NATURAL
04-01-2008, 05:27 AM
I am new to digital printing and purchased a Konica Minolta cf1501 last Fall with less than 10,000 copies.

8 months later my copier is approaching 50,000 copies and I am very pleased.......that is until the last week.

Last week I replaced all of the Imaging Units for my printer. Afterwards, I noticed all of my full color graphics have become fuzzy....

Also too, there is a visible "line" running thru on every document I print. Sometimes it's pinkish, sometimes blue. The "line" is always in the same spot.

I checked my manual and performed some maintenance that I felt comfortable with i.e. removing the paper duct, cleaning the transfer belt unit, inspecting the fuser unit rollers, and other miscellaneous rollers.

I did notice on the rollers, that in one spot on the solid amber colored roller it looks as if something has scraped the top layer off the roller.......in a spot about 1/8" wide all the way around the roller. It IS NOT however in the spot where the line is thru the print job.

Also too, the trnasfer belt looks to be in good shape.......

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance.

SuperTech
04-01-2008, 06:19 AM
Did you install new OEM units or did you buy some re-chipped units with partially used drums?

random
04-01-2008, 06:19 AM
Pull out image units, directly beneath each one is the print head grab it on the sides with your hand and lightly move it back and forward then replace the image units. This should fix the fuzzy print. As for the line, while you have the image units out check that no plastic near the drums is sticking up and possibly rubbing on the belt.

THE NATURAL
04-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Did you install new OEM units or did you buy some re-chipped units with partially used drums?

SuperTech, these are Brand New OEM.

THE NATURAL
04-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Pull out image units, directly beneath each one is the print head grab it on the sides with your hand and lightly move it back and forward then replace the image units. This should fix the fuzzy print. As for the line, while you have the image units out check that no plastic near the drums is sticking up and possibly rubbing on the belt.

Thanks.

I also read last night where the LED's need to be cleaned. Is this difficult to do?

Also, I have read where the imaging units are sensitive to light......How sensitive? Do I have to close all the windows and blinds and turn out the lights?

bgbas
04-01-2008, 07:17 PM
The I/Us should be covered with a dark cloth or paper to prevent light shock. But if you just pull them out then replace them within a few minutes you don't have to bother.
There is a special cleaning rod and pad to clean the LEDS which are located just below the I/Us. If you don't have this just remove the I/us and transfer belt and you can clean them with a clean lens cloth.
Good luck

Custom Search