PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C654 email issue

Custom Search

emujo
04-11-2014, 02:12 PM
I have a C654 with a strange problem...

When setup to email via SMTP.XXXX.COM port 25 authenticated, mail sends fine, when configured SECURESVR.XXX.COM, port 465, SMTP over SSL authenticated, mail fails with a server connection error. When configured for GMAIL, port 465 SMTP over SSL, mail sends fine. Customer has a 423 and a C364e configured with the same SECURESVR.XXX.COM settings, and both MFPs send with no issues. I have tried everything I can think of to make this thing work, but no success. Firmware is at ver 72. Customer thinks it's a certificate error, but even with registering a certificate, and turning on OPEN api and tcp socket to SSL no change. the 423 and C364e do not have certificates installed and aren't using ssl. This is about the 6th or 7th C754 series I have seen exhibit these symptoms. I've made various changes to the network settings (no domain name, domain name, auto retrieval, public domain DNS, hostname/server IP etc). Any ideas? Emujo

rrrohan
04-11-2014, 03:09 PM
I have a C654 with a strange problem... When setup to email via SMTP.XXXX.COM port 25 authenticated, mail sends fine, when configured SECURESVR.XXX.COM, port 465, SMTP over SSL authenticated, mail fails with a server connection error. When configured for GMAIL, port 465 SMTP over SSL, mail sends fine. Customer has a 423 and a C364e configured with the same SECURESVR.XXX.COM settings, and both MFPs send with no issues. I have tried everything I can think of to make this thing work, but no success. Firmware is at ver 72. Customer thinks it's a certificate error, but even with registering a certificate, and turning on OPEN api and tcp socket to SSL no change. the 423 and C364e do not have certificates installed and aren't using ssl. This is about the 6th or 7th C754 series I have seen exhibit these symptoms. I've made various changes to the network settings (no domain name, domain name, auto retrieval, public domain DNS, hostname/server IP etc). Any ideas? Emujo can you ping SECURESVR.XXX.COM from the machine to confirm its not a DNS issue? have you tried a packet capture with somthing like WireShark? Im sure you know how vague the errors are and are often misleading as to what the actual fault is is the time and date correct? obviously certificates expire so if dates wrong it could cause problems.

wseyller
04-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Similar issues have happened to me C360 would work fine but C364e would not with same settings. In the auth settings try turning off all password login types and try each one turned on by itself. So try "plain" then "login" then "cram" etc. It has worked in one situation. Try doubling the timeout too might help.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

SmellsHot
04-13-2014, 02:25 PM
Verify DNS host name is set correctly. I just installed a bunch of the "e" series and had all of the smtp info, but it wouldn't work until I had the DNS host name entered. weird....

rrrohan
04-13-2014, 02:49 PM
Verify DNS host name is set correctly. I just installed a bunch of the "e" series and had all of the smtp info, but it wouldn't work until I had the DNS host name entered. weird....

that was probably a Relay being configured to DNS host name and not IP address. If it had configured it to allow a DNS host name and it didnt match what you had it set to thats obviously going to cause issues

Im guessing you were not using SMTP authentication?

Ive had issues with SMTP server host name not being resolved by DNS, adding in the ISP DNS address solved this.
I normally add in the google DNS as well just to be safe

Custom Search