PDA

View Full Version : C353 Locking Up/Corupt HDD

Custom Search

copierwhisper
04-14-2014, 02:37 AM
Hello! I have a C353 with a strange issue, here are the details:

~Original Service call: IT support logged in via pagescope/web interface and the machine locked up becoming totally unresponsive. The machine control panel was stuck in "ready to copy".
~Replaced the HDD and regained totally functionality...for 2 days
~The machine locked up again, frozen in ready to copy (recorded error F023)
~Replaced MFP, RAM, and fax kit, Flashed machine with current firmware, perform logical and physical HDD format & regained all operations
~A few days later...same thing!
~Performed data clear, HDD format, flashed firmware and regained operations.
~Four days later, thought it was fixed and wham! Frozen on Friday at 5:00pm. Turned HDD to Uninstalled so they can copy and print...
~Help....Is it the NVRAM??? I'm spinning my wheels....thanks in advanced for your input!

Synaux
04-14-2014, 06:57 AM
Hello! I have a C353 with a strange issue, here are the details:

~Original Service call: IT support logged in via pagescope/web interface and the machine locked up becoming totally unresponsive. The machine control panel was stuck in "ready to copy".
~Replaced the HDD and regained totally functionality...for 2 days
~The machine locked up again, frozen in ready to copy (recorded error F023)
~Replaced MFP, RAM, and fax kit, Flashed machine with current firmware, perform logical and physical HDD format & regained all operations
~A few days later...same thing!
~Performed data clear, HDD format, flashed firmware and regained operations.
~Four days later, thought it was fixed and wham! Frozen on Friday at 5:00pm. Turned HDD to Uninstalled so they can copy and print...
~Help....Is it the NVRAM??? I'm spinning my wheels....thanks in advanced for your input!

Greetings, I used to live in Santa Rosa.

I do not work on these; however, this seems like some sort of data corruption...but you replaced the ram/mfp board...

Perform spinrite or some low level diagnostic on the old HDD (or new) if its okay, then most likely you can at least rule it out.

Replace HDD cable.

Regarding the F023 you have "An exceptional instance occurred due to the unexpected parameter in the system F/W."
I love this common KM explanation--every time I read this, I think to myself: "I at least deserve a reach-around"

I guess you can reflash the FW and perhaps look for patches. Also check all the cables to the MFP board.

Thats my meager 2cents...

grimreeper
04-14-2014, 09:29 AM
Hi seeing as you pretty much changed all the boards on this MFP would suggest running this MFP with network cable unplugged for a day if you can otherwise change IP address you might have a corrupt data packet being routed to MFP IP it currently has failing that suggest you perform a NVRAM recovery but do not do a backup then reprogram( import / export ) that information back to the NVRAM rather do screen prints from web browser then reprogram manually and setup machine like it was a new machine setup fax and HDD as well only one snag your meter count may go into -millions in that case replace NVRAM or if have the time desolder the battery from NVRAM leave it for a day or more then resolder and insert then do NVRAM recovery again this time your meters will be zero and let your billing or accounts department adjust accordingly. Good luck:confused:

avecosat
04-14-2014, 06:06 PM
I had the same problem as you , the first time only change the HDD , and the next week the same problem again . Now I change the MFP , HDD and the Ram modules ( Donīt have fax ) . This was 2 weeks ago , now Iīm waiting .:(

copierwhisper
04-14-2014, 06:20 PM
I guess it's nice to know I'm not alone! Hope your machine keeps running for ya! Thanks for the post....I'm headed back to mine today~

copytechman
04-15-2014, 02:44 PM
I've had 2 of these machines (c203 in my case) do this, in one case I had the physically format the hdd, could only do that tho after disabling the fax board, on the second machine I replaced then physically formatted the drive, it was worthy to note that the replacement drive was the correct size (60g) and the original was 80g, not sure if this impacts the machine somehow tho if its not physically formatted after install.. I even took the drive out, wiped it with an external reader, then put it back in (blank, no partitions at this point) and it still locked, also worthy to note that fax was still enabled.. on my last try, I disabled the fax, then was able to physically format it in the machine finally. Then logical, which brought the machine back up. Re-enabled the fax (i had not physically removed it, just disabled it) and boom C-B003... I then reseated the fax board and mount kit. Which fully brought the machine back online.. So i'm wondering, especially with a fax in it (Both of mine did) if the fax board is "detected" but say glitchy cuz it's not fully seated and somehow if that could introduce corruption to the hdd... I know the fax board accesses it somehow.

Thoughts?

Regards.
A!

(Also still waiting!!)

Custom Search