PDA

View Full Version : Konica C500 Auto Gamma Adjustment Problem

Custom Search

henry finley
04-14-2014, 07:30 PM
I've replaced a drum on my Bizhub C500 and did the 3-6 mode adjustments as described in another thread on this site. One of the adjustments called for is Automatic Gamma Adjustment. But it seems like after having done that one, copies off the bed AND from the Fiery are too light. In the past whenever I changed drums, I just changed them physically and went about my work. This time, I wanted to do it by the book. I wish I had not done that.
If I were to go back from the Drum Perculiarity screen to the first screen and hit Recall Standard Data, will I REALLY foul everything up? Thank you.
BTW--I am not a "Trusted Tech". I don't know how that got there, and can't figure out how to get rid of it.

Desert Rat
04-26-2014, 04:46 PM
Henry,
How long have you worked on this model? Did you replace the developer mixes?
Do you have the book? You may need to do the printer gamma offset adjustment.
It is kind tricky.
Also keep in mind that if the laser dust proof glasses are dusted it will defuse the
laser power and cause lighter copy.
Keeping the machine clean on the inside of the process unit is important.

DR

henry finley
04-26-2014, 05:31 PM
Henry,
How long have you worked on this model? Did you replace the developer mixes?
Do you have the book? You may need to do the printer gamma offset adjustment.
It is kind tricky.
Also keep in mind that if the laser dust proof glasses are dusted it will defuse the
laser power and cause lighter copy.
Keeping the machine clean on the inside of the process unit is important.

DR
Hello
And thank you for answering. I've owned and used the machine a couple years. I had another identical one before that which was pure trouble to the point it practically made a self-taught technician. But this one has worked so well I forgot much of my technical studies I had made back then. Thanks for the tip about cleaning the laser glass. I'll do that. Tell me--what are the symptoms the developer is worn out? I had forgotten that too. I've not replaced it in all this time, because I seem to still get by on my jobs, and the developer is so expensive. So far, drums seem to be the number 1 replacement item. And the after-market drums seem to be a waste of money.

Desert Rat
04-27-2014, 09:29 PM
:)Henry,

Do yourself a favor and buy the book from just manuals.
It will explain the correct order for the adjustments you
need to do.
It will also explain how to change the developer mix and
set the TC Sensors.
There is a lot more to this machine than can be explained
in this forum.

And yes, it does sound like the developer mixes need to be replaced.
Also cleaning the chargers or replacing them is important.
It is possible to just replace the grids and corona's.
But again there is a section in the book that tells you
What adjustments need to be performed after replacing parts
for image quality.
Get the book, it will make it easier for us on this end of the conversation too.

DR

Custom Search