PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C25 envelope printing

Custom Search

wseyller
04-15-2014, 12:03 AM
Bizhub C25

PCL6 driver latest

Firmware latest

Customer claims they previously were able to print letter sized statements from tray 2 and print envelopes without have to change drivers settings and without user interaction with the copier.

On the copier
Tray 1 is set to Com10/Envelopes.
Tray 2 is set to Letter/Plain.

Driver is set to same as original, auto tray, and paper type plain.

Envelopes print from Word. Message on copier comes up as Check print mode. If you remove the envelope and then put the envelope back in the tray it will start printing. Reason for this I don't know.

I have also found in the PCL/PS settings, then paper tray settings the any size was set to on for tray 1 and any type was set to Off. I turn any type to on which did not help.

Even if I change plain to envelope, auto to tray 1, and output size to com10 after selecting print from the envelope dialog in Word I still get the check print mode.

What is strange is in the word application if I print the letter size doc with envelope size selected it will pull in the envelope and print the text on the letter sized view without any message.

Started a ticket with konica minolta. The first guy that first gets all my information is the one that provides me the support. They didn't send me to a second guy. Must have been the worst support call I have ever experienced. The agent though that all settings looked ok and said he didn't know what else to do. I asked for a recommendation and he said that a tech might have to go out there. I said "I am a tech". Then he says well maybe something wrong with the paper tray sensor and told me to check that and the feed rollers. I explain well the sensor works fine in other situations. I said if it is failing to work it is because a control board isn't sending the signal. He then started to agree with we. I said well if you agree then what board do you recommended. Then he says well you need to check the sensor and the paper feed rollers. I kept telling him the rollers are mechanically fine. They work fine for other media. They don't even attempt to turn when the check print mode message comes up. Still he insist me to check as I don't think he even know what boards are in this copier. I gave him some suggestions but he was in silence and still wanted me to check what I already know is working fine.

SmellsHot
04-16-2014, 01:00 PM
So it prints the letter first? and then you get the message on the display. And all you have to do is take the envelope out and re inserted and it works?
Than what happened is they changed a setting in word......It's set to "manual" (manually feed) when it should be set to "auto"

wseyller
04-22-2014, 04:03 AM
Disregard the letter doc. I probably caused more confusion with that.

Yes by removing the envelope and reinserting it prints. I will try your suggestion. Thanks. My customer is on vacation so I am scheduled to start back on this on April 30.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
04-23-2014, 12:05 AM
So it prints the letter first? and then you get the message on the display. And all you have to do is take the envelope out and re inserted and it works?
Than what happened is they changed a setting in word......It's set to "manual" (manually feed) when it should be set to "auto"

SmellsHot is exactly right on this. Bypass (manual) will always prompt you to load paper and only a single page, even if it's already loaded. Bypass (auto) with print without the prompt all the pages continuously.

My experience was with Microsoft Word 2003 which required some tweaking to get the addresses to print in the right place. The "Check Paper" message came up on that same call. =^..^=

wseyller
04-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I will look at this when the customer gets back from vacation. In the driver settings on my laptop I see "Tray 1 (manual feed)" and also "Tray 1". I would assume "tray 1 (manual feed)" will always prompt on the copier but "tray 1" selection should not if it has the correct size/type configured.

Custom Search