PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed on Telling the Diffrence Between Bizhub c6500 and c6501

Custom Search

Rotexy
04-19-2014, 03:56 AM
Hello KM Technicians,<br><br>I think I have just been sold a KM c6500 instead of KM c6501 which I ordered for.<br><br>I recently ordered a KM c6501 from a reputable online KM used equipment supplier. Just to make sure that what I was concerned about would not happen, that is, being sold the wrong machine I requested that pictures of the machine to be taken and sent to me. The picture was sent to me but on arrival after several weeks.<br> <br>I discovered that there were differences between the picture sent and the machine that arrived.&nbsp;<br><br>The first thing I noticed was that the badges on the front door was different from the one in the picture. The machine in the picture had the Konica Minolta Logo badge and the Machine model number Bizhub C6501 while the machine that arrived had just the Konica Minolta Badge and Bizhub without the model number on it &nbsp;which I find rather strange. I contacted them about this discrepancy and they told me the door was changed because the door of what was in the picture was damaged. I later took a closer look and discovered that the model number on the door was carefully erased, what was erased was c6500.<br><br>I have looked at the back panel where the model number is it indicates that it is a Bizhub c6501. Apart from the cosmetic changes on the body of the machine is there any way to tell either through the serial number or software on the control panel (touch screen) what model the machine is. I need to know so I can address the issue appropriately.<br><br>Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ubertech your knowledge would also be appreciated if you can contribute to this.<br><br>Thank you.<br>Rotexy

rrrohan
04-19-2014, 05:38 AM
Hello KM Technicians,<br><br>I think I have just been sold a KM c6500 instead of KM c6501 which I ordered for.<br><br>I recently ordered a KM c6501 from a reputable online KM used equipment supplier. Just to make sure that what I was concerned about would not happen, that is, being sold the wrong machine I requested that pictures of the machine to be taken and sent to me. The picture was sent to me but on arrival after several weeks.<br> <br>I discovered that there were differences between the picture sent and the machine that arrived.&nbsp;<br><br>The first thing I noticed was that the badges on the front door was different from the one in the picture. The machine in the picture had the Konica Minolta Logo badge and the Machine model number Bizhub C6501 while the machine that arrived had just the Konica Minolta Badge and Bizhub without the model number on it &nbsp;which I find rather strange. I contacted them about this discrepancy and they told me the door was changed because the door of what was in the picture was damaged. I later took a closer look and discovered that the model number on the door was carefully erased, what was erased was c6500.<br><br>I have looked at the back panel where the model number is it indicates that it is a Bizhub c6501. Apart from the cosmetic changes on the body of the machine is there any way to tell either through the serial number or software on the control panel (touch screen) what model the machine is. I need to know so I can address the issue appropriately.<br><br>Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ubertech your knowledge would also be appreciated if you can contribute to this.<br><br>Thank you.<br>Rotexy

serial numbers generally identify the series

for example the C360 C280 and C220 all start with A0ED......

Whats the first 5 digits of your serial number

Rotexy
04-19-2014, 09:44 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.

Here is the Serial No. A0U001100**** (the last 4 digits blocked deliberately by me) which is found once the front door is opened by the main power-switch. I am surprised that Konica Minolta is using a sticker instead of engraving it on the chassis of the printer for this class of printers.

Also since the printer is an upgrade to the c6500 I believe that the software that drives it should be upgraded too is there a way to print or view the version no.?

Thanks

Regards
Rotexy

pepper38_cnd
04-19-2014, 05:27 PM
SR#A0U should be a 6501 SR#A03 would be a 6500 Also the toners are different TN612 for 6501 and TN610 for 6500

stevena86
04-19-2014, 06:47 PM
With that information, the company you bought it from is probably telling you the truth.

Seeing as how the front doors for the C6500 and the C6501 are identical except for the sticker placed on them, the front door probably really was damaged, and they removed the sticker from the C6500 they robbed the front door from so you wouldn't freak out like this.

You can also print off a configuration page of the machine and it will say at the top what the machine is.

Rotexy
04-20-2014, 03:05 AM
Hello All,

Thank you very much for your response it was really helpful. I am finally assured that I got the machine that I ordered.

However after printing the configuration file from the Fiery PRO-80,

The PS Test Page:
Server Name: Monet
Printer Name: Fiery PRO80 65-55C-KM PS3.0

From thE Configuration Sheet on the Fiery:
Server Name: Monet
Printer Name: Fiery PRO80 65C-KM

and because the touch Screen keeps freezing without touch response I can not check more details from the Advance Settings.

Regards
Rotexy

stevena86
04-20-2014, 11:47 AM
As far as the screen freezing, I cannot help you with that. You may need to call and get that looked at if it starts to affect the use of the machine.

For it only printing the fiery information, when you attach a Fiery to a machine, it kind of takes over. I don't do too much with Fiery's myself, but from what I do know, it goes so far as to having to update the firmware a different way because of the Fiery.

Enjoy your new machine.

dljorg
05-21-2014, 05:06 PM
RE Freezing Screen and Firmware

Before replacing any parts do the touch screen adjustment. Utility Counter key then #4

Having said that the touch screens on these things do fail. Part that goes is the physical glass screen itself, PN 56UA-7040. Dash counts in the part number.

Regarding the machine firmware (totally separate from the fiery software version)...

In service mode look for Firmware Version then ROM version. Critical ones are I1 (eye one) and Print Control C. Last digit in the version number should be 70 (its the latest) but both these number HAVE to be the same. There will be magic if the image control and print control are not on the same version.

lv2fix
05-23-2014, 09:17 PM
The C6501 toner bottles are not interchangable with the C6500. If the Machine is operational, at the bottom of the display. Look for "Adjustment" and then "Density Unevenness" mode. C6501 had this ,but not the C6500. Easier yet would be to open the Toner carriage exposing the Corona chargers. THe C6501 coronas have a white stripe on the front block. C6500 solid black corona blocks

SEnder
06-24-2014, 08:23 AM

Rotexy
06-25-2014, 01:17 AM
Hello All,

Thank you very much for the feedback. I am now fully convinced that my Machine is a KM C6501.

Thanks

Custom Search